Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Better exhaust layout

Old 05-14-2008, 09:31 AM
Standartenführer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
euthorus euthorus euthorus euthorus euthorus euthorus euthorus euthorus euthorus euthorus euthorus
Better exhaust layout

I am trying to replace the portion of the exhaust from the headers to cans. When I had a local muffler shop look at it they told me there is no way to split the exhaust as is to have dual straight pipes, so this bring me to ask for some advice from those who know better:

1. Would taking out the resonator and replacing the existing crimped pipe with a 2.5" to cans be worth it ?

2. The engine has a CAI and headers before and I DO NOT want to sound like a fart can ricer - will removing the resonator make the car sound idiotic ?

Old 05-14-2008, 07:09 PM
I <3 Hikki Chan!

ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE
Default Re: Better exhaust layout

1. Probably wouldn't make much difference in power, but would definitely make the sound louder.

2. Removing the resonator will definitely increase the sound output, but I doubt you'll get much power increase except from the ego-dyno. If you're trying to avoid that raspy sound then throw a high flow 2.5" in/out straight through muffler in place of the resonator.
Old 05-15-2008, 08:26 AM
Standartenführer

euthorus euthorus euthorus euthorus euthorus euthorus euthorus euthorus euthorus euthorus euthorus

hmm..thanks for the reply. I wonder what the cost + labor would be for a resonator delete pipe. Also anyone know of a shop that custom fab v6 headers that headout to 2 separate pipes instead of coming together ?

Last edited by euthorus; 05-15-2008 at 11:50 AM.
Old 05-18-2008, 08:02 AM
Standartenführer

need more ideas please