Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Best starter Turbo Kit

Old 06-10-2003, 01:12 PM
The Comeback Kid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nato76 Nato76 Nato76 Nato76 Nato76 Nato76 Nato76 Nato76 Nato76 Nato76 Nato76

Yeah I can see that and thanks for your comments. I will just have to research and see what my best alternative is.
Old 06-10-2003, 01:23 PM
Atheist.

Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker

Originally posted by nato76
Whoa Skywalker I was just asking a simple fuckin question no need for some smart ass remarks. Ultraprince thanks for your advice.
I was just fucking w/ you dude. Sorry, couldn't resist. Never heard it referred to as "starter kit" before.
Originally posted by SHUT UP
you make no sense. i assume when he says "starter kits" he means that he doesnt have experience with custom setups. that is why companies make Turbo kits for unexperienced people who want to go the easy way. and that is what he knows. "shitty kits"?. B18Boost went 11.9 with a drag turbo kit. Terry went low 12's with a drag turbo kit. ive seen 300-400whp dyno charts with Revhard kits. you obviously dont have a clue to what you are talking about.
Who are you? The dickhead that grew a heart? In response to your kit defense, I've also heard plenty of people with bad experiences with turbo kits, especially w/ the manifolds. But I don't have a clue, so I'll just SHUT UP. hahaha fucking wannabe.
Hey Shut UP thanks for the info. Thats the kind of info I was looking for not smart fucking remarks. I didn't know I had to be an expert in everything to ask a question.
Calm down dude, I was just teasing you. You'll enjoy your stay here alot more if you're not so sensitive.
Old 06-10-2003, 01:31 PM
Smart Dumb cats

SHUT UP has a reputation beyond reputeSHUT UP has a reputation beyond reputeSHUT UP has a reputation beyond reputeSHUT UP has a reputation beyond reputeSHUT UP has a reputation beyond reputeSHUT UP has a reputation beyond reputeSHUT UP has a reputation beyond reputeSHUT UP has a reputation beyond reputeSHUT UP has a reputation beyond reputeSHUT UP has a reputation beyond reputeSHUT UP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Skywalker
IWho are you? The dickhead that grew a heart? In response to your kit defense, I've also heard plenty of people with bad experiences with turbo kits, especially w/ the manifolds. But I don't have a clue, so I'll just SHUT UP. hahaha fucking wannabe.
yes manifolds are prone to cracking but do you think he wants to spend $700-$1100 for a 321 Stainless Steel manifold? i think not. so im the wannabee. your not one to talk buddy. You are the one who doesnt know how to put a fucking fliter in your car. you had to get your eurasia buddies to put it in for you. think before you speak ass
Old 06-10-2003, 01:33 PM
Smart Dumb cats

SHUT UP has a reputation beyond reputeSHUT UP has a reputation beyond reputeSHUT UP has a reputation beyond reputeSHUT UP has a reputation beyond reputeSHUT UP has a reputation beyond reputeSHUT UP has a reputation beyond reputeSHUT UP has a reputation beyond reputeSHUT UP has a reputation beyond reputeSHUT UP has a reputation beyond reputeSHUT UP has a reputation beyond reputeSHUT UP has a reputation beyond repute

you are absolutly right...you have no fucking clue about what your talking about
Old 06-10-2003, 01:42 PM
Atheist.

Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker

yes manifolds are prone to cracking but do you think he wants to spend $700-$1100 for a 321 Stainless Steel manifold? i think not. so im the wannabee. your not one to talk buddy. You are the one who doesnt know how to put a fucking fliter in your car. you had to get your eurasia buddies to put it in for you. think before you speak ass
you assume too much. First of all, when we did my air filter, so many people were over and fucking w/ it, it kinda became a group effort. Somebody who's not even in Eurasia voluntarily did most of the grunt work; I didn't care cuz I was drunk and high at the time and he was all gung-ho about it. So don't speak on what you don't know about. The one thing I had installed by my boys was my turbo timer. I gladly let my friend do that for me cuz I'm not about to fuck up my ignition and ECU wiring. I'll be the first to admit that I'm still in the early learning stages about cars, but I CAN do simple shit like change an air filter. I do my own maintenance and have done a few projects on my own. But if there's something I'm unsure about or have never done, I'll gladly enlist my friends' help rather than fuck shit up. That's how we get down; helping whenever possible. Sooooooooooo SHUT UP!
Old 06-10-2003, 01:48 PM
Smart Dumb cats

not what i was told but ok. enough with whoreing this thread. Next time try not to be a smartass in your response to others
Old 06-10-2003, 01:51 PM
The Comeback Kid

And your trying to clown me for asking a question and you dont even know how to install a filter or a turbo timer. Its just funny what people do to make themselves feel better.
Old 06-10-2003, 02:00 PM
Smart Dumb cats

if you want to go custom heres an estimate

Turbo: $550 <--Brand new
IC: $300 <-- used
Piping, couplers, and clamps: $150 < brand new
BOV:$150 <---used
Tial Wastegate: $200 <--- used
manifold:$300 <--- used
oil lines: $75 <---- used
DP: $200

Total= $1925

let me know if im missing anything.
Old 06-10-2003, 02:04 PM
The Comeback Kid

Maybe I can buy part by part here or on ebay and save some money.
Old 06-10-2003, 02:09 PM
Atheist.

not what i was told but ok. enough with whoreing this thread. Next time try not to be a smartass in your response to others
Well, I dunno who the fuck "tells" you what's going on in my garage...but most of the people that were there are on this board and you can ask them if it really matters to you....about 5~6 people were playing with it at one point or another, trying to figure out WTF the japanese instructions were showing, and the person who did most of the wrenching was '03 tibby'...the rest of us were getting fucked up and goofing off.
And your trying to clown me for asking a question and you dont even know how to install a filter or a turbo timer. Its just funny what people do to make themselves feel better.
Don't try to size me up newb. I told you I was just fucking with you....it wasn't your question or your lack of knowledge that provoked me....it was just your wording of "starter kit" that I found amusing....I was joking, and directly after that I posted my opinion of kits. I apologized, even though I wasn't truly trying to insult you. Leave it at that, or if you choose...you can try to attack me with bullshit like SHUT UP just attempted to. And since you couldn't read, I DO know how to install air filters. I just had a friend who insisted on doing it, so I let him...partly cuz I was in lazy mode, and partly cuz I'm sure he wanted to show off in front of his new girlfriend. As far as the turbo timer, I suck at electronics but my friend offered to help me out and did a damn good job. No regrets there. Got anything else?