Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

best motor into crx

Old 02-18-2006, 10:37 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hondazccivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default best motor into crx

Hey, just wondering what you guys think would be the best motor to go into the crx. I am leaning more towards the b16 swap. But I also want some opinions on the b18 obd0 motor, and the zc. I am looking for best bang for the buck. The b16 is only like $300 more then the zc around here. But I still would like to know what has the greatest potential. I will be boosting it short after install. Probablly going to go with eagle rods and low compression pistons, going to be boosting over 20lbs for sure. Will be doing other internal work aswell. So let me know guys, thanks.
Old 02-18-2006, 10:48 AM
Banned

DOHC crx VTEC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: best motor into crx

I Honestly Would Get a B16 If you want some peppy-ness but everyone does b16s..i have one in my crx and im pleased with it. But if you want to boost the hell out of a motor

I vote Build an LS and boost it
Old 02-18-2006, 12:58 PM
Registered Member

tmac1129 has disabled reputation

go b18....gsr for all motor or Ls to build and boost....I recomend the GSR even if you want to boost, you can pick up an LS head real cheap and have it built for boost all while having a powerful gsr in the car.
Old 02-18-2006, 01:07 PM
Registered Member

tmac1129 has disabled reputation

by the way...you're not gonna be boosting anywhere near 20lbs...that would take 10k for a professional motor build(you have to do alot more than you think) and another 8k for the turbo assuming you do it yourself...which you can do...but you have to know alot...and then after you install you have to pay an assload to have it tuned...20lbs is really expensive man....I dont care what your moron friends tell you. you have to buy a very expensive fuel management system, a highly specialized and tuned ecu, a hondata, not to mention running 20psi on any open deck motor is just retarded...not to mention impossible unless you buy a closed deck kit from eagle and have it welded in....its alot more than you think to push 20lbs...I'd go for something logical like 10-15, you'll still have to spend money, but no where near as much. unless you have at least 30k to put into that motor than you're shit outa luck
Old 02-18-2006, 01:13 PM
Banned

DOHC crx VTEC is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tmac1129
by the way...you're not gonna be boosting anywhere near 20lbs...that would take 10k for a professional motor build(you have to
Believe it or not...I've seen 20lbs done for less then 10k
Old 02-18-2006, 01:13 PM
Die reinste Bösen.

gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear

I 2nd the b18. That extra .2 liters of displacement will make an even bigger difference in such a light car. Id say LS with boost or GSR for all motor.
Old 02-19-2006, 04:51 AM
Registered Member

hondazccivic is an unknown quantity at this point

Not sure where tmac gets his information from but he needs to do some learning.
Old 02-19-2006, 08:25 AM
Currently N/A

EvolutionBoostin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tmac1129
by the way...you're not gonna be boosting anywhere near 20lbs...that would take 10k for a professional motor build(you have to do alot more than you think) and another 8k for the turbo assuming you do it yourself...which you can do...but you have to know alot...and then after you install you have to pay an assload to have it tuned...20lbs is really expensive man....I dont care what your moron friends tell you. you have to buy a very expensive fuel management system, a highly specialized and tuned ecu, a hondata, not to mention running 20psi on any open deck motor is just retarded...not to mention impossible unless you buy a closed deck kit from eagle and have it welded in....its alot more than you think to push 20lbs...I'd go for something logical like 10-15, you'll still have to spend money, but no where near as much. unless you have at least 30k to put into that motor than you're shit outa luck
i've run 20psi on a stock d-series with free ecu tuning software that's readily available online
Old 02-19-2006, 08:27 AM
I drive a coupe

Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR)

Well I spiked 16 once... lol Didnt bend any rods so I was happy. lol
Old 02-19-2006, 09:41 AM
I DONT SPIN

1gawd has disabled reputation

Wow, 30k to run 20 psi. (I take on side jobs from time to time, let me know when you're ready to do that!)