Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Basic Performance

Old 11-29-2007, 07:50 PM
War kittens?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
odu_integra is infamous around these partsodu_integra is infamous around these partsodu_integra is infamous around these partsodu_integra is infamous around these partsodu_integra is infamous around these partsodu_integra is infamous around these partsodu_integra is infamous around these partsodu_integra is infamous around these partsodu_integra is infamous around these partsodu_integra is infamous around these partsodu_integra is infamous around these parts
Default Basic Performance

Sorry for the noob questions, still trying to learn all this stuff.

I'm driving a 2000 Integra LS. What are some basic performance mods that people start with? Looking at working on both engine and handling.

Any help would be great.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:56 PM
Shooting 63's

idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda
Default Re: Basic Performance

Just boost it. Do a good setup and get a good tune. Best bang for the buck on the LS motor.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:42 PM
TurboPipingSystems

thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal

If you cant afford a turbo system yet.... at least beef up the handling. Get a full set of coilover system like K-sport, Function&Form <--- affordable), camber kit, tie/sway bars.... Dont waste your time and money on bolt-on performance systems like header, intake, exhaust.... you will not feel anything at all... even if you pay high dollar stuff.... I dont care what everyone else say.... be lucky to get 10-12hp gain... specially without tuning....
Old 11-30-2007, 08:59 PM
Registered Member

QUICKVIII has disabled reputation

Turbo is good, Nitrous is ok too. I'm an all motor guy, I would put a B16 head on it, throw a Hondata at it. easy to lay down 200hp at the wheels.
Old 12-01-2007, 07:05 AM
Registered Member

EGbobby is on a distinguished road

yes a b16 head and ls/vtec kit would be a good idea if you want about 165-180 hp. and i have a built ls/vtec in an ek and it tuned and it is not easy to put down 200. it will feel great for a little while then when everything starts to stomp on you, you'll prolly wanna boost it.!
Old 12-01-2007, 11:57 PM
Registered Member

ViPER1313 has disabled reputation

thermal said it best - "Dont waste your time and money on bolt-on performance systems like header, intake, exhaust." The best bang for the buck by far is nitrous - for less than $500 you can add 50hp to the car. Lower heat range plugs and a good kit that adjusts fuel regular pressure dynamically (look at Zex kits) is a safe, easy and cheap way to add some decent power. Just save up some money for items that will wear more quickly due to the added power (mainly the clutch.)
Old 12-02-2007, 08:51 AM
Shooting 63's

idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda

Originally Posted by QUICKVIII
Turbo is good, Nitrous is ok too. I'm an all motor guy, I would put a B16 head on it, throw a Hondata at it. easy to lay down 200hp at the wheels, after you increase the compression and get a nice set of cams like Skunk2 Pro2's.
Fixed for you. If you think you are going to just slap a b16 head on there and tune, to get 200 whp, you are wrong my friend.
Old 12-02-2007, 06:37 PM
War kittens?

odu_integra is infamous around these partsodu_integra is infamous around these partsodu_integra is infamous around these partsodu_integra is infamous around these partsodu_integra is infamous around these partsodu_integra is infamous around these partsodu_integra is infamous around these partsodu_integra is infamous around these partsodu_integra is infamous around these partsodu_integra is infamous around these partsodu_integra is infamous around these parts

So what is the cheapest way with the least parts to turbo my stock motor, B18 I believe?
Old 12-02-2007, 06:49 PM
Registered Member

Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86

turbo, manifold, injectors (assuming yours are too small), some type of fuel controller (if you get differnt injectors), fuel pump (if u get bigger injectors), intercooler piping.

my friend did a step by step write up to turbo an LS motor with pics. You should look on Honda-Tech more often.

Last edited by Silverbullet86; 12-02-2007 at 07:19 PM.
Old 12-02-2007, 06:56 PM
Registered Member

Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1263795&page=1 <-- u might see his car driving around campus w/out the intercooler now.

but

you should really start with suspension upgrades. Don't get preassembled coilover, especially stuff like Megan and Ksport. They are hardly worht it. The dampening on Koni and Omni shocks are much better than the ones you find in Japan or Ebay. With stiffer struts your car will have less body roll and keep the wheels planted better to the road after bumps. Getting wider wheels (I dont know how wide you can go on a teg) and tires to match it will make the car grip like you've never felt before on your teg.

cheerz.

Last edited by Silverbullet86; 12-02-2007 at 07:20 PM.

Quick Reply: Basic Performance