Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

B20 problems

Old 09-26-2008, 09:26 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the rough
Default B20 problems

I just put a JDM b20b into my 99 Honda Civic. Go everything put together started it up and went for a quick ride around the corner. Car starts perfectly and idles smoothly.

I put it in reverse and slowly let off the clutch the car starts shaking really bad. I make it out of my drive way and put it in 1st and let of the clutch and again same problem. Once the car is moving everything is butter.

Well I make it about 2 blocks and the car starts hesitating really bad and I barely make it back home. It seemed like it wanted to just stall out and die.

I'm not really sure whats going on with it, because it started up and ran beauitfully until it started driving.

Mods:
JDM B20b
8 pound fidanza flywheel
Compition Stage 1 clutch
New pilot bearing
New throw out bearing
Short Ram intake
4-1 Header
Test pipe
2 1/2 Thermal R&D exhuast

Any ideas?
Old 09-26-2008, 09:29 AM
Banned

ebp_em1
Default Re: B20 problems

recheck your vaccum
Old 09-26-2008, 11:31 AM
i like kittahs

UberJag UberJag UberJag UberJag UberJag UberJag UberJag UberJag UberJag UberJag UberJag

what ecu are you using and what intake manifold are you using?
Old 09-26-2008, 08:20 PM
Registered member

cleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by JAGweb
what ecu are you using and what intake manifold are you using?
obd-1 p75 with a boomslang obd-2b to obd-1 conversion harness.
and I'm using the intake manifold from my b18b1.
Old 09-26-2008, 09:12 PM
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod

Check your mounts and bolts. Any of them broken or loose?

That clutch was probably chattering or not liking the flywheel surface. Did you clean the surface of the flywheel before installing it?
Old 09-27-2008, 09:01 AM
FML.

brokenboost brokenboost brokenboost brokenboost brokenboost brokenboost brokenboost brokenboost brokenboost brokenboost

Fuck this car altogether.
Seriously.
And Jarrod you suck for being too busy to help. We needed other to share in our misery.
The whole process was worst than pulling teeth. 2 days to get an axle out? I mean damn.
Old 09-27-2008, 06:30 PM
Registered member

Originally Posted by Jarrod
Check your mounts and bolts. Any of them broken or loose?

That clutch was probably chattering or not liking the flywheel surface. Did you clean the surface of the flywheel before installing it?
Mounts and bolts re good

I did clean the surface of the flywheel, there was a small amount of surface rust on it. And I mean small could that be the problem?

I really dont have the time to work on it, so I will probably get MRD or accuracy to do it.

I still cant figure out why its bogging down. One thing that maybe doing it is there is sensor that is in between the 2 coolent hoses on the head. On the right side of the head under the Distrib. The metal peice that hooks to the sensor is broken and only making a small portion of contact with the rest of the sensor. I'm not sure what that sensor is or if that could even cause the problem. I will take some pics in the morning to show you guys what I'm talking about.
Old 09-27-2008, 06:48 PM
da dragva kokopelli

mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz

sounds like the coolant temperature sensor, or the sensor to make the coolant gauge work.

but that wouldnt make the car jump violently....

just either make the car run like its cold all the time or make the temp gauge not work.

hmmm

clutch installed right and loctited? torqued down and everything?
Old 09-27-2008, 08:33 PM
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod

Sorry dude.

I'm having my fair share of car troubles too. My 'beater' snapped the timing belt, 200,000 miles will do that to you. So I bought all that stuff, can't fix that till thursday(school first half of the week).

The Si is driveable but it's lifting the head and I'm waiting on parts to come in. Can't beat on it or anything.

I'll PM you though.
Old 09-30-2008, 05:32 PM
Registered member

Okay update

A member on here told me that I needed to block off the vacuum line on the top right of the intake manifold. Started the car up, it idled a little rough until it warmed up. The car stayed alive under its own power for well over 10 mins idling right at 800 rpms.

It seemed to be shaking a lil, probably need to hook up a timing light and time it.

Going to try and take it for a test drive tomorrow to see if she is good to go.

Quick Reply: B20 problems