Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

b18 build

Old 05-29-2003, 04:15 AM

Location: always repppin va beach but im stuck up in new jersey
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tst racing is an unknown quantity at this point
Default b18 build

im looking to build up a ls engine. im going to run an ls-turbo set up in my 98dx. i want to build the engine up before i boost it and i want it to be able to handle a significant amount of power. so what should i do to the engine as far as like pistons rods valve springs ect..... i dont know a whole hell of alot about engine internals so any help would be appreciated. ian
Old 05-29-2003, 05:29 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

thats exactly what you do, pistons,rods,new valvetrain, and if your wanting massive power, sleeve the block, theres a ton of aftermarket companies that make strong internals for b series cars you just have to do the research and choose what you like.......
Old 05-29-2003, 11:15 AM
no love for hoes...

99slowlst

i wish i had the time and money to do that right now.....

since i have the engine completely out of the car right now..

Old 05-29-2003, 11:31 AM

ive been wanting to do this for the last 6 months. now i got the chance. what kind of turbo set up do you guys recommend.
Old 05-29-2003, 01:18 PM
B18C1-T What?

babybluegsr is an unknown quantity at this point

check with race engineering. Thats were im getting the stuff to build my block with. There in like almost every magizine.
Old 05-29-2003, 01:28 PM
nip it in the bud

_burn_ is an unknown quantity at this point

if your gonna built it. big turbo maaannn. go ahead and slap a vtec head on while your at it
Old 05-29-2003, 01:32 PM
I'm audi5000.

nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere.

Originally posted by tst racing
ive been wanting to do this for the last 6 months. now i got the chance. what kind of turbo set up do you guys recommend.
i've heard good things about rev hard kits...or were you looking to build a custom turbo setup?
Old 05-29-2003, 03:30 PM

i want to go with a turbo kit nothing custom unless i can find some one who knows alot about turbos and can guide me in building a good setup. and as far as a vtec head goes i heard that isnt as good with turbo than just a straight up ls turbo. but once again im not an expert on engines thats just what ive been told.
Old 05-29-2003, 09:24 PM
Mr. Nice Guy

89NinjaAccordLX 89NinjaAccordLX 89NinjaAccordLX 89NinjaAccordLX 89NinjaAccordLX 89NinjaAccordLX 89NinjaAccordLX 89NinjaAccordLX 89NinjaAccordLX 89NinjaAccordLX

someone said vtec... yeah... ls/vtec turbo? anybody done this? anybody driven around in one for longer than two months before a head gasket blows? I'm completely building an ls/vtec right now and didn't think turbo was even feasable even with the spoon metal head gasket
Old 05-30-2003, 12:51 AM
dRive haRd

Iceman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by tst racing
i want to go with a turbo kit nothing custom unless i can find some one who knows alot about turbos and can guide me in building a good setup. and as far as a vtec head goes i heard that isnt as good with turbo than just a straight up ls turbo. but once again im not an expert on engines thats just what ive been told.
Say with the LS B18B1 motor. Excellent choice for Turbo. If you want a simple Turbo, go with a Drag3 Turbo kit. The kit comes with everything such as injectors manifold and a T3 Turbo.
As far as internal wise, JE/SRP Pistons (9:0.1) Compression, Eagle Rods, Crower valve springs and retainers, Crower Turbo Cams, Darton Sleeves, Extreme Total Seal rings, RC 310cc Injectors, MSD Fuel managment Fuel pump, AEM Fuel rail,Skunk2 intake manifold. And a Crower 1.8-2.0 Stroker kit will do great also.

Quick Reply: b18 build