Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

B16A VTEC Hits Hella Weak

Old 07-25-2013, 07:13 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ChrisLobo has disabled reputation
Default B16A VTEC Hits Hella Weak

I just got a 88 CRX today with a B16A (I'm thinking 2nd Gen how can I tell between first and second gen) I know it's not a A2. Every time I hit VTEC it hits like a D15, I know B16's are supposed to hit hard cause of the dual cam, how come it's hitting like a little baby? The guy told me it has a P28 ECU I haven't checked due to work but I will tomorrow. Why is my VTEC hitting like a baby kitten?
Old 07-25-2013, 07:29 PM
Registered Member

Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed
Default Re: B16A VTEC Hits Hella Weak

Originally Posted by ChrisLobo
I just got a 88 CRX today with a B16A (I'm thinking 2nd Gen how can I tell between first and second gen) I know it's not a A2. Every time I hit VTEC it hits like a D15, I know B16's are supposed to hit hard cause of the dual cam, how come it's hitting like a little baby? The guy told me it has a P28 ECU I haven't checked due to work but I will tomorrow. Why is my VTEC hitting like a baby kitten?
LOL. I read this shit and just started laughing. You must know nothing important about cars. We can't give you the amount of help you need. Start studying cause all the answers are out there. Pick up a book and start reading or sell the car before it stops working and you realize you don't know what you're doing.

Being straight up. No BS answer.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:02 PM
HAM

Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat

Why is my VTEC hitting like a baby kitten?
Yo, at first when I got my civic and I hit VTEC I was like

Then I got NOS and tuned the timer to hit at the same time as VTEC and I was like

After that whenever I go to Home Depot I'm like

Aww yeah

Old 07-26-2013, 04:23 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

First if all, you have the wrong ECU unless it's been chipped for that engine. Second, look at a dyno plot for a stock B16 and the difference in power when VTEC engages. Then decide if you're surprised at the behavior.
Old 07-26-2013, 05:51 AM
EH2/3 hoarder

0bd2eg 0bd2eg 0bd2eg 0bd2eg 0bd2eg 0bd2eg 0bd2eg 0bd2eg 0bd2eg 0bd2eg 0bd2eg

Can't tell if Troll
Old 07-26-2013, 11:05 AM
Don't quit!

Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
First if all, you have the wrong ECU unless it's been chipped for that engine. Second, look at a dyno plot for a stock B16 and the difference in power when VTEC engages. Then decide if you're surprised at the behavior.
+1
To the op, I had a GSR, B16 sir and sir 2 & a ls/vtec
The b16s are really good when built or boosted. Otherwise I would stay away from them.
If you stay all motor build the head and get cams and a good tune or keep it stock and boost it.

My LS/VTEC was my favorite next to the GSR. However since yours is in a CRX you can make a well balanced
car with good weight to power ratio.

Last edited by Somalia; 07-27-2013 at 08:14 AM.
Old 07-26-2013, 01:33 PM
Sheeeit

Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch

Sell it, You`re to stupid to mess with cars. Stick to washing dishes and peddling dime bags for pit bull pups.

Last edited by Hooch; 07-26-2013 at 01:35 PM.
Old 07-26-2013, 01:39 PM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Not sure if stupid, trolling or all of he above
Old 07-26-2013, 01:53 PM
The VW guy

AirSick AirSick AirSick AirSick AirSick AirSick AirSick AirSick AirSick AirSick AirSick

Originally Posted by Heat
Yo, at first when I got my civic and I hit VTEC I was like

Then I got NOS and tuned the timer to hit at the same time as VTEC and I was like

After that whenever I go to Home Depot I'm like

Aww yeah

That shit had me on the floor. I damn near shot beer out of my nose from laughing so hard.

Originally Posted by Lord Humongous
Not sure if stupid, trolling or all of he above
I say all o the above.
Old 07-26-2013, 06:34 PM
Flatulence

PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov

Where so we find these fucking people? Or how the fuck do they find our form? Oh wait... IB..

Quick Reply: B16A VTEC Hits Hella Weak