Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

B16A to an EJ8

Old 02-16-2006, 06:01 PM
AKA: SHY_GUY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy
Default B16A to an EJ8

I'm thinking about swapping an ODBI B16A from an SIR I into my 1998 civic EX

the swap comes with the entire motor, tranny, and ECU

it does not come with axels or mounts, the place i'm thinking about getting it from is noyan in manasas.

this is not set in stone because i'm still considering my options, but i just want to know what all would i need to do
Old 02-16-2006, 06:48 PM
I'm worse drugged

esohsee has disabled reputation
Default Re: B16A to an EJ8

You will need a obd2-obd1 harness. Also you will need the rear mount AND bracket (I have heard that the rear mount on the sohc and dohc are slightly different). 50810-ST7-000 < 99-00 SI,; 50810-SR3-030< 96-98 civic ex. The Rear T bracket, and the driver's side bracket is also needed. Maybe a b series shift linkage if it doesn't come with it. and axles
thats all i can think up
Old 02-16-2006, 08:26 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

talk to Jay (vr4-ever) about an adapter harness if you need one..
Old 02-17-2006, 09:04 AM
I'M BACK

PRO-Habit

you will also need to do some re-wiring to the harness. (injector plugs need to be swapped, and maybe a knock sensor needs to be wired.)
Old 02-17-2006, 10:40 AM
AKA: SHY_GUY

S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy

What would you guys recomend? axel wise, dc2? si?

i think i'm going to get a hasport mount set

and i'll go to the junkyard for the shift-linkage

i saw a wireharness conversion thing on kingmotorsports.com what exactly would i need for that?
Old 02-17-2006, 01:15 PM
I'M BACK

PRO-Habit

Originally Posted by shy_guy98ex
What would you guys recomend? axel wise, dc2? si?
i saw a wireharness conversion thing on kingmotorsports.com what exactly would i need for that?
Well. Usually when you buy a swap from a company it comes with the axels and shift linkage. But yes youll need a b series shift linkage.....can find at a junk yard if not included with your swap. The axels...well si or dc2...either or. And for the wiring harness you will need the jdm harness and your stock harness. Just swap and extend the plugs that dont fit. I just did this exact same swap last spring. Its fairly simple. (ex. youll use yur harness, but youll use the jdm injector plugs off the jdm harness.) Basically which ever plugs from your usdm harness dont fit on the swap...just cut the plugs off the jdm harness and wire them into the usdm one.
Old 02-17-2006, 01:17 PM
I'M BACK

PRO-Habit

and if your getting the full swap from noyan it comes with ecu, axels, shift linkage and jdm wiring harness, and some mounts. Thats where my swap came from and i got everything i needed exept for the rear T bracket.
Old 02-17-2006, 01:23 PM
R U SeRiOUS?

Lord_Vegeta Lord_Vegeta Lord_Vegeta Lord_Vegeta Lord_Vegeta Lord_Vegeta Lord_Vegeta Lord_Vegeta Lord_Vegeta Lord_Vegeta Lord_Vegeta

Originally Posted by DryHopSux13
and if your getting the full swap from noyan it comes with ecu, axels, shift linkage and jdm wiring harness, and some mounts. Thats where my swap came from and i got everything i needed exept for the rear T bracket.
Not really! Noyan doesn't send the axles & mounts sometimes. I've dealt with them on a couple of swaps so I know first hand. How about you go to Hmotors & buy the complete swap over?
Old 02-17-2006, 01:33 PM
I'M BACK

PRO-Habit

Originally Posted by Lord_Vegeta

Not really! Noyan doesn't send the axles & mounts sometimes. I've dealt with them on a couple of swaps so I know first hand. How about you go to Hmotors & buy the complete swap over?
hmm......every swap ive seen that came from Noyan had everything....But then again....It was only 3 swaps that ive seen come from them. Mine and 2 of my friends. Oh well. sorry bout that. Maybe we just got lucky...haha
Old 02-17-2006, 04:00 PM
Awesome.

MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E

From a '99-'00 Civic Si you'll need:

-axles
-throttle cable
-throttle cable bracket
-All three main mounts (unless you'll be using HASports)
-Rear mount bracket

Since it's an OBD1 swap you'll need to either:
-Rewire the distributor and alternator plugs on your harness OR obtain OBD2 versions of each

Also, since the ECU is OBD1, and your car is OBD2A, you'll need to either:
-Obtain an OBD2A-OBD1 jumper harness (got mine from "Boomslang" on honda-tech) OR get someone (I hear VR4-EVER is good at this sort of thing) to rewire everything on your chasis harness

You'll also need b-series shift linkage.

I think that's the main points for the swap.

Quick Reply: B16A to an EJ8