Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

b16 intake manifold question

Old 02-12-2004, 06:57 PM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the rough
Default b16 intake manifold question

i bought a full b16 headset when i sent my head to the machine shop. well i got my head back this morning before work, and i was going to put the intake manifold back onto the head so that i was that much further along to getting it ready to go back on the car. well... i ran into a problem. the headgasket and the exhaust manifold and the valve seals were all correct, but for some reason the intake manifold gasket isnt lining up correctly. question is.. is the intake manifold gasket from a b16 del sol vtec different from that of a jdm crx sir b16a gasket?
Attached Thumbnails b16 intake manifold question-gasket1.jpg   b16 intake manifold question-gasket2.jpg  
Old 02-12-2004, 09:29 PM

99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: b16 intake manifold question

you sure they didn't throw in a single cam gasket, all B16 and typeR manis have the same bolt pattern there is not differance. They might have also gave you a B20 gasket. Do you have the part # of the gasket?
Old 02-13-2004, 05:22 AM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

TPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the rough

the gasket came with a full b16 headset. it was all wrapped in plastic and in a box together. im not sure which gasket its from... but its obviously not the one i need
Old 02-13-2004, 05:40 AM

99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute

yea they might have gotten mixed up at the factory i bet it is a B20 gasket you have because mine fit like that when i grabbed the wrong one. take it back with your reciept and tell them they screwed up.
Old 02-13-2004, 07:27 AM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

just got back from bap geon where i got the headset, and NO one has one. not bap geon, TAE, honda, anyone. so what they gave me was some high density gasket material shit in case i decided to make my own. is this stuff worth it, or should i wait and just pay 11 dollars and order one from honda?
Old 02-13-2004, 07:50 AM

yea i made mine with that its good stuff.
Old 02-13-2004, 07:51 AM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

ok cool, that'll save me SOME money. any clue where i can get a b16 fast idle valve? mine broke.
Old 02-13-2004, 08:03 AM

Nope i don't have one, i just have a new Si T/B if you want that, got TPS and MAP.
Old 02-13-2004, 08:10 AM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

does it have the fast idle valve on it? thats the only part of the TB that i need.
Old 02-13-2004, 08:11 AM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

btw, you said you made your own right? what did you use to cut the material? and what did you use for a pattern?

Quick Reply: b16 intake manifold question