Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

b series trouble

Old 04-04-2007, 12:00 PM
for alarms/rmt-strts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EH3_SOHC has disabled reputation
Default b series trouble

ok so ive been driving my bswapped hatch for 3 days so far, the motor has under 45k on it and the tranny supposedly had only 1700 miles on it. so yesterday i drop second from a 45mph roll and shifted into 3rd at about 7800 rpm's. so i slow down and i notice a VERY loud knocking. so i pull over and to me it sounded like a rod knock and thats the same thing a few friends said. so i go to check the oil and its low but only low by about 2 quarts. so i go to auto zone and put some 20w50 in to try to quiet the knock but it sounded the exact same.so i take it to a tranny shop in my area and on the way there i noticed it only makes that sound between 600-1600 rpm's then its perfectly normal until i shift but i noticed that from a dead stop my car wont go into gear sometimes unless i turn it off and shift it. tranny shop said they dont think its the motor but they think its something loose in the tranny itself.on the way to the shop that did my work in ches. im babying the car and its driving VERY normal like nothing is wrong at all , plus im only doing about 55 at the most in 5th gear and at about 3000 rpm's. Next thing i know the clutch slipped. i take it out of 5th and put it in fourth and it did the same thing. it did this in every gear if i was babying the car but when i got on it it didnt slip at all. 5 minutes later i go back to babying the car and it slipped and the clutch is just gone. ANY IDEAS????? shit has me puzzled. and the mechanic wont be able to take it apart for like 2 days
Old 04-05-2007, 07:24 AM
for alarms/rmt-strts

Default Re: b series trouble

nobody? just a knock that would cause a clutch with almost perfect grip to die in 3 days
Old 04-05-2007, 08:28 AM
Banned

Hi Skuuu has disabled reputation

Throw out bearing?

Shift fork?
Old 04-05-2007, 05:01 PM
for alarms/rmt-strts

BUT WOULD THOSE ALSO CAUSE THAT knocking sound at idle and take off
Old 04-05-2007, 05:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by accordin 2 me
BUT WOULD THOSE ALSO CAUSE THAT knocking sound at idle and take off
In most cases, yes.
Old 04-06-2007, 05:31 AM
for alarms/rmt-strts

im going to tell my mechanic to check those 2 things first and my friend if thats whats wrong with my car......im going to buy you a candy bar.your pick.
Old 04-07-2007, 11:10 AM
Banned

89sihatch is an unknown quantity at this point

hahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahah thats what you get for trying to hide what swap you got and im not sure if you knew it or not but smokeless ef is mike jtlyk
Old 04-07-2007, 11:29 AM
Registered member

cleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by 89sihatch
hahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahah thats what you get for trying to hide what swap you got and im not sure if you knew it or not but smokeless ef is mike jtlyk
mike being the one that got banned a while back, DOHC VTEC CRX or something like that, and your the guy that was at his house that day i bought the hatch.. josh correct?
Old 04-07-2007, 11:31 AM
for alarms/rmt-strts

.......you still dont know what swap i have really, joel knows the basic motor but he has NO CLUE of whats in it and all i said was b swap on here, didnt go into detail at all.....and my shit will spank yours just like i spanked joels and just like im gonna spank him again tonight if my cars done by 9pm.
Old 04-07-2007, 01:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by cleanEK
mike being the one that got banned a while back, DOHC VTEC CRX or something like that, and your the guy that was at his house that day i bought the hatch.. josh correct?
no.

who are you.

Quick Reply: b series trouble