Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

b series pull out

Old 12-29-2006, 07:31 PM
TurboPipingSystems

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal
Default Re: b series pull out

he he he.... that shit is funny as hell. I cant believe you used a torque wrench trying to remove an axle nut.... lesson learned there. Even if you had that torque wrench set at 100000000 ft/lbs, it still would've snapped because a normal torque wrench is always for a clockwise direction only. Reverse torque wrenches are hard to find since no one really cares what a "break-out" torque should be.... or rarely you will see a reverse threaded nut/bolt that will require torque.
Old 12-29-2006, 08:04 PM
OV-104

Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis

OO and if there is ac the lines have to be taken out at some point or atleast in teggies they do
Old 12-29-2006, 08:24 PM
Banned

sive ick is an unknown quantity at this point

for one i dont care if it broke,i didnt pay for it i found it just laying around,for two its out in the middle or a field,so i do not have a truck to pull a compressor and impact there,three i was by my self and did not care what i had to do to get the motor out and since i had it in my trunk i used it,torque wrench was not good anyways the two small screws that hold the 3/8 drive ratchet part in were lost so i just stuck wood screws in to try and brake lose the axles nuts

and the axles nuts arent tight alone,they have the indention in them that locks them in place

just a tool ftw
Old 12-29-2006, 08:27 PM
Banned

89sihatch is an unknown quantity at this point

Jared, get that diesle ass socket wrench (1/2 drive) and slide a bar on it, and there ya go ghetto breaker bar
Old 12-29-2006, 08:29 PM
OV-104

Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis

the indention is just going to insure if in the rare case it vibrates and tried to rotate that that indention will prevent rotation. if you have a wrench or what not itll roll it right out
Old 12-29-2006, 08:30 PM
Banned

yes,i know that i just couldnt brake it lose using a standard 1/2 drive ratchet with a reducer so i used a meaninless torque wrench
Old 12-29-2006, 08:39 PM
OV-104

Breaker bar FTW. and hell ive used a 1/2 ratched and the 32mm socket and did the ones on my teggie
Old 12-29-2006, 08:41 PM
Banned

these ones are nuts trust me,i had the car in gear and even using a long handle torque wrench i still managed to pull the wheel off the ground and it still didnt budge
Old 12-29-2006, 08:53 PM
TurboPipingSystems

thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal

Relax dude. You posted a thread needing help about a B-series swap. So, here we are giving you poiters.......... That is the whole point man..... that torque wrench is only made to go clockwise. Whether it had a broken calibration and whatnot, it will most likely break going counterclockwise. Did you use the same torque wrench when you loosen the ones on your D-series? You probably didnt.... I assume. Just a lesson learned on your part. It's all good...
Old 12-29-2006, 09:00 PM
Banned

nope,i used 1/2 with a wrench at the end as a break bar type thing,and yes i appreciate the pointers

Quick Reply: b series pull out