Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Audio problems

Old 07-25-2005, 01:13 AM
EF turd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DirtyEF is on a distinguished road
Default Audio problems

So i took my radio out to plug in my amp and attach my remote wire. I test it out it works fine. When i finish everything up i goto put the radio back in and a wire cap comes off and i didnt know. The open wires touch something theres a big spark and no more radio. The ding ding ding that goes off when the door is open doesnt work anymore either. I checked the fuse box, no problems. I checked the fuse on the radio, still good. Anyone know what went wrong and how to fix it? I thought about hard wiring the radio to the battery, ive seen it done before but i dont know how. Anyone? it sucks not having a radio

edit: The POS mobile is a 93 saturn sl2
Old 07-25-2005, 08:24 AM
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA
Default Re: Audio problems

Originally Posted by matt067
So i took my radio out to plug in my amp and attach my remote wire. I test it out it works fine. When i finish everything up i goto put the radio back in and a wire cap comes off and i didnt know. The open wires touch something theres a big spark and no more radio. The ding ding ding that goes off when the door is open doesnt work anymore either. I checked the fuse box, no problems. I checked the fuse on the radio, still good. Anyone know what went wrong and how to fix it? I thought about hard wiring the radio to the battery, ive seen it done before but i dont know how. Anyone? it sucks not having a radio

edit: The POS mobile is a 93 saturn sl2
you checked all of the fuses? does the dome light or cigarette lighter work? check them
Old 07-25-2005, 08:39 AM
Registered member

.eric. .eric. .eric. .eric. .eric. .eric. .eric. .eric. .eric. .eric. .eric.

Definitely sounds like you blew a fuse. Not sure if Saturns have another fuse box under the hood, but if there is one in there, check those fuses as well.
Old 07-25-2005, 09:16 AM
EF turd

i checked the fuse box in the hood, i dont know if there is another one or not. But yea everything else works perfectly fine except the ding noise and the radio.
Old 07-25-2005, 04:34 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

You're looking at the wrong fuse.

The radio fuse (in your fuse box) is on the ignition switched power, and your door chime is on constant (non-switched) power. Your radio needs both to work, so I'm guessing your radio fuse is fine and you're looking in the wrong place. There is another fuse that is blown, and it's on the constant power. Find this, and your problem is solved.
Old 07-25-2005, 06:19 PM
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
You're looking at the wrong fuse.

The radio fuse (in your fuse box) is on the ignition switched power, and your door chime is on constant (non-switched) power. Your radio needs both to work, so I'm guessing your radio fuse is fine and you're looking in the wrong place. There is another fuse that is blown, and it's on the constant power. Find this, and your problem is solved.
yeah thats pretty much what i was getting at
Old 07-25-2005, 06:29 PM
Registered member

Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey

I got this...

Behind the right side panel of your center console under the A/C controls there is a fuse panel.. there is a chime fuse and a 10amp body fuse check both of them.. That is your problem.
Old 07-25-2005, 07:34 PM
EF turd

Originally Posted by Siextreme
I got this...

Behind the right side panel of your center console under the A/C controls there is a fuse panel.. there is a chime fuse and a 10amp body fuse check both of them.. That is your problem.
Yeap i found the fuse panel. Im gonna pull and check every fuse tomm when i can see.