Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Anyone familiar w/ Audi's?

Old 08-03-2004, 05:31 AM
Jesus bilt my hotrod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Focal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these parts
Default Anyone familiar w/ Audi's?

I have an Audi A4 and it just crapped out on me this weekend and I've checked everything and the fcuker wont crank over. If anyone knows how to check the codes, or use a VAGCOM to check it or just know what the hell they are doing with german cars and will help me, I'll give you my first born child :lol: or whatever you think is fair. I'm desperate for help with me working two full time jobs and not having the money to take it to the dealership. Thanks.
Old 08-03-2004, 05:44 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic
Default Re: Anyone familiar w/ Audi's?

wuh year?

it wont crank? or wont start?
Old 08-03-2004, 05:58 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

damn....

i am sitting here bored at my toolbox, and this is the closest i have come to fixing any cars today.....its fucking dead here!
Old 08-03-2004, 06:04 AM
Jesus bilt my hotrod

Focal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these parts

1996 a4 2.8 V6

it wont crank over. Its getting plenty of fuel.
Old 08-03-2004, 06:08 AM
The Pro to call.

did you check for spark?

pull a plug wire off at the plug, and crank it over with a spark checker on the lead. (i assume the 96 still had the coil pack in the center of the intake, with plug wires to the plugs? they changed somewhere in there to COP ignition)

is the tach (if equipped) moving?

if you have access to a generic OBDII scanner, your info would be limited, but it does help. the VW/Audi ECM's are not easy to get info out of, unless ya have the correct (expensive) scantool...
Old 08-03-2004, 06:22 AM
Jesus bilt my hotrod

I dont have a spark checker. And its got the three different ignition modules w/ two wires coming out of each. I dont have an OBD scanner either. Never checked the tach. Life hates me. thanks man
Old 08-03-2004, 06:42 AM
The Pro to call.

no prollem. best thing to do is to take it to teh dealer....

or a good place locally. if there is such a thing...
Old 08-03-2004, 06:52 AM
Jesus bilt my hotrod

Haha, I know. Thanks.
Old 08-03-2004, 06:59 AM

1.8T3t04e is an unknown quantity at this point

ok bro...
turn the key on...
then see if the check engine light comes on...
if the check engine light did not come on the check your fuse panal
Old 08-03-2004, 07:03 AM

1.8T3t04e is an unknown quantity at this point

also where are you at?
ive got a vag com and all that jazz... plus i know a thing or two about vag vehicles...
i can almost 100% say its one of your 30 amp ignition fuses...
as long as the CEL does not come on when the key is in the "on" position then its fuse or ECU related... if the vag com cannot connect to your ecu then its going to be a shitty day for you lol... new 2.8L ecu is dough

Quick Reply: Anyone familiar w/ Audi's?