Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

anyone ever done a obd2 b20 swap in a ek

Old 10-14-2010, 01:43 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ekhatchy ekhatchy ekhatchy ekhatchy ekhatchy ekhatchy ekhatchy ekhatchy ekhatchy ekhatchy ekhatchy
Exclamation anyone ever done a obd2 b20 swap in a ek

so i did a swap to my 2000 ek hatch and im having trouble with wiring issues what i want is a obd2a swap i want to be able to plug a code reader in and clear or read anything thats pulled up reason being in my state in order to have a car 96 or newer inspected you have to plug it in and it goes to the dmv now i cant find a wiring harness that will alow me to do this so far and ive bought three so far and i dont want to keep spending this kind of money so if any one knows a harness/ecu combo that would work or know someone thats selling one itd be appreciated please help im out of a car right now thanks
Old 10-14-2010, 02:10 PM
tits anyone?

I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.)
Default Re: anyone ever done a obd2 b20 swap in a ek

call rywire and tell them what you need. they will in turn tell you the harness they want you to send them. rywire.com
Old 10-14-2010, 02:23 PM
Registered Member

ekhatchy ekhatchy ekhatchy ekhatchy ekhatchy ekhatchy ekhatchy ekhatchy ekhatchy ekhatchy ekhatchy

sounds a little expensive to me theres got to be something plug and play but i'll call them anyways just to see
Old 10-14-2010, 02:32 PM
tits anyone?

I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.)

just call them. they are very friendly people and will most likely point you in the correct direction. and if you do purchase a harness from them it will be A+
Old 10-14-2010, 02:35 PM
tits anyone?

I think a 99 integra ls harness will work.
Old 10-14-2010, 02:50 PM
Registered member

LeetPIE LeetPIE LeetPIE LeetPIE LeetPIE LeetPIE LeetPIE LeetPIE LeetPIE LeetPIE LeetPIE

have you tried using your stock d16 harness?
Old 10-14-2010, 02:54 PM
tits anyone?

probably why he is making a thread about not having the right harness, because his wouldnt work..........

I know why you get neg repped so much.
Old 10-14-2010, 03:02 PM
Registered member

00_VIP_BENZ 00_VIP_BENZ 00_VIP_BENZ 00_VIP_BENZ 00_VIP_BENZ 00_VIP_BENZ 00_VIP_BENZ 00_VIP_BENZ 00_VIP_BENZ 00_VIP_BENZ 00_VIP_BENZ

make it obd 1 you can still read the codes with a paper clip in the code reading plug by the ecu. The tunability of an obd 1 set up is alot easier. But if you realy want obd2 you should be able to use the stock engine harness. The only thing with that is if the car is obd1 a or b and the motor has to the the same if not there are sensors that are different. That would be the only reason you cant do it.
Like i said the easiest way is get an obd2-obd1 conversion harness and chip an obd1 ecu
Old 10-14-2010, 03:18 PM
CIMSPORT

spnamnt has disabled reputation

you should be able to use a 99-00 crv harness, i have one if you would like to buy it just let me know. and use a 99-01 integra or 5spd crv ECU. pm me if you have any more questions
Old 10-14-2010, 03:38 PM
Registered member

LeetPIE LeetPIE LeetPIE LeetPIE LeetPIE LeetPIE LeetPIE LeetPIE LeetPIE LeetPIE LeetPIE

Originally Posted by I Love (.)(.)
probably why he is making a thread about not having the right harness, because his wouldnt work..........

I know why you get neg repped so much.
he said he tried three different harnesses... he never specified which ones he used.

Quick Reply: anyone ever done a obd2 b20 swap in a ek