Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Anybody in NoVA who is good at CRX Wiring that could lend a hand???

Old 10-04-2006, 06:10 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blue2turbo Blue2turbo Blue2turbo Blue2turbo Blue2turbo Blue2turbo Blue2turbo Blue2turbo Blue2turbo Blue2turbo Blue2turbo
Default Anybody in NoVA who is good at CRX Wiring that could lend a hand???

Hey everyone, I just moved to Northern VA... the Triangle area actually, but before I left NC, I was having a lot of issues with my 88 CRX. It was originally a DX... I had the MPFI conversion done (but I think it got screwed up) cause it was downhill from there... at first I thought it was the D15 motor... so I pulled that out and put in a good condition D16A6 motor, and Si Tranny, new flywheel, dizzy, and such. The motor was professionally installed by a performance shop in NC who does great work. But I am still having some fuel issues. The mechanic checked everything over numberous times, messed with the timing forever... and nothing seems to make sense. He said it probably had to do with the MPFI conversion being messed up (it looks like crap wire wise in my engine bay). Well I had to move before I could get him to do it. Now I have the car, which runs, but backfires some, bogs out at low RPM's and smokes alittle bit... I want to get this taken care of before it causes anymore damage as this is my daily driver.

Is there anyone out there who has thorough knowledge of SOHC EF's that could help me redo this wiring. I can't afford right now to pay a performance shop to do it as I have just started work again and the move killed my funds. I may be able to come up with some monitary compensation or something.

Anyone who can help or thinks they could give me a hand in doing this please PM me or email me at stuffforme06@yahoo.com. thanks.

Well here is the nightmare for me... this is inside footwell at ECU:

These two were cut, The original orange and the white wires were connected to their spots.

Yes thats speaker wire... :thumbdown:

These wires... just hanging around

Engine Bay

Dizzy Connection

Confirmed.... yes it is speaker wire...

Theres not much to say about this... Drivers side near injector resistor

Couple extra wires hanging around... and yes the body harness was hacked up...

[/IMG]
Old 10-04-2006, 08:26 AM
EEK
卐 Walnuts

EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK
Default Re: Anybody in NoVA who is good at CRX Wiring that could lend a hand???

read this
http://hybrid2.honda-perf.org/tech/sohcvtec.html
Old 10-04-2006, 08:59 AM
Registered member

Blue2turbo Blue2turbo Blue2turbo Blue2turbo Blue2turbo Blue2turbo Blue2turbo Blue2turbo Blue2turbo Blue2turbo Blue2turbo

??? a writeup about putting a D16z6 in the car??? I have a solid D16A6 in there now and I don't want to pay to get a different motor. I have like 4 different guides to doing the MPFI swap... and it seems easy enough... but the wiring was a good hack job and I will need some assistance repairing the body harness. I would like to have someone knowledgable about this stuff there to help so that I can get it done right. This is my DD and I can't afford to have it go down for weeks because I messed something up. Thanks for the post though.. that was my original plan until this became the DD.
Old 10-04-2006, 11:46 AM
Sumospeed #O.G.

SlowLS is an unknown quantity at this point

I can do it, but I'm in va beach. PM me how much you are looking to spend and I will see if it is worth me driving up there.
Old 10-05-2006, 05:22 AM
Registered member

I think I found someone in MD who will do it for $150 so I think I am giong to have to go that route.
Old 10-19-2006, 03:31 PM
Registered member

Help is no longer needed... I will be getting rid of the car soon instead!!
Old 10-20-2006, 06:39 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Wow, love the butt splices, those are great. They're right up at the top of my list of things that don't belong in a car.
Old 10-21-2006, 06:28 PM
やくざに成りたい

atmdc has disabled reputation

whoever did that needs to be shot, is it throwing any codes? ive deffinately learned my lesson using crimp connectors in a car