Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

anybody have any experiance with one piece front ends?

Old 02-09-2003, 12:38 PM
HHIC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite
Default anybody have any experiance with one piece front ends?

The CRX isn't going to be much of a street car. I'll drive it to and from work sometimes but thats really about it. I was pricing out carbon fiber hoods and new front bumpers and i ran across a fiberglass one piece front end from Mantaray Motorsports. It says it can be modified to except headlights and an opening for the radiator/intercooler. Does anybody have any experiance with these front ends? It would actually save me money and If I can make it accept headlights I might just do it. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-09-2003, 12:56 PM
Kimchee Wiggler

Boostfed Boostfed Boostfed Boostfed Boostfed Boostfed

Talk to Shad, Scott Sorey made his own Fiberglass front end and trunk lid and his own Lexan windows. It came out great, he priced the MMR Front end and price is cheap but the SHIPPING PRICES KILL YA! He made his own for real cheap. Their are some other companies that make them too check out Honda-Tech Drag Racing forum and do a search was a discussion on it not too long ago. It will not be allowed in any of the street classes though. If you planned to race it at a Sanctioned Import Event. I though about getting the front end doors and trunk lid for my 94 DX Coupe but then I'd really be in the league with the Big Boys and Girls(Lisa Kubo). :
Old 02-09-2003, 01:17 PM

black civic is an unknown quantity at this point

if your going to build a race car, BUILD A RACE CAR.....
Old 02-09-2003, 02:03 PM
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of

If you plan to track race this car you will be put into a pro class if you use a one piece front end. Just food for thought.
Old 02-09-2003, 04:50 PM
HHIC

Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite

where can I find a copy of the rules?
Old 02-09-2003, 06:20 PM

black civic is an unknown quantity at this point

shad has a copy of them ...... the rules say you can't run a one piece front end unless you run in the pro class, but you can run fiber glass hood or cf