Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Amplifier Installation Help

Old 12-11-2003, 09:27 PM
ScrewD010

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mikahl is on a distinguished road
Default Amplifier Installation Help

Had some friends who were "experts" install an amp and sub, they dropped some plates thats hold the fuse snug in its case in my engine,and now my cd player doesn't turn on, anyone can finish the installation, If they can do it for free/O.B.O or tell me what I can do to fix it, please havent had any radio or anything for 2 weeks...it's nice listening to exhaust but...
Old 12-12-2003, 01:58 PM
got poi?

tropic is an unknown quantity at this point

check the fuse under the dash
Old 12-12-2003, 03:45 PM
ScrewD010

Ok i got the system running, but now my bass is mad weak... : \, and its a 340watt amp bridged just for the Swoofer, i got 8gauge for the 12v power but, i might have to upgrad to a 10 thats what the manual says for some reason...but the speaker wire for the swoofer i dunno if its 2ohms or 4, and its gotta be 4 to run, all i know is that its yellow, so imma look around for a 4ohms peaker wire, does anyone know where they gotem?(im about to check r.shack)
Old 12-12-2003, 03:59 PM
got poi?

tropic is an unknown quantity at this point

best bet...check out the stereo system places first.....then go to radio shack
Old 12-12-2003, 04:47 PM
ThanXz_FukYuVeryMuch

boodussi808 has disabled reputation

Originally posted by Mikahl
Ok i got the system running, but now my bass is mad weak... : \, and its a 340watt amp bridged just for the Swoofer, i got 8gauge for the 12v power but, i might have to upgrad to a 10 thats what the manual says for some reason...but the speaker wire for the swoofer i dunno if its 2ohms or 4, and its gotta be 4 to run, all i know is that its yellow, so imma look around for a 4ohms peaker wire, does anyone know where they gotem?(im about to check r.shack)
from 8 gauge wires to 10 is a DOWNGRADE BUDDY....8 gauge to a 4 guage wires, yep thats an UPGRADE big fatty wires....
Old 12-12-2003, 05:11 PM
nannerpus, nannerpus

Carter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these parts

wow I can barely comprehend what you said.

it's not the speaker wire that makes the ohm's change, it's how you actually wire it up (parallel, series, etc.) you don't sound like you know what you're doing one bit, so I suggest you take it somewhere. and you're fine with your 8 gauge.

if you need help, pm dxplicitone. i'm sure he'll look at your system and let you know what's up.

and looking at your profile, did you go to TCC this semester?
Old 12-12-2003, 07:34 PM
hpt pimp

97clipse is an unknown quantity at this point

dude try the ground wire if its not to the frame your system is gonna be weak or even clip(cut out).also 8 to 10 guage wire is a downgrade go from 8 to 4 guage but i dout thats your problem.try adjusting the gain on your amp . is the amp used ? did you buy it from a friend or someone else?
Old 12-13-2003, 07:11 AM
Turbo Dodge

import killer is an unknown quantity at this point

check your gain on the amp there should be one and turn it to max
Old 12-13-2003, 07:14 AM
nannerpus, nannerpus

Carter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these parts

no no no, don't turn it to the max.

well turn it to the max if you want something blown real quick.
Old 12-13-2003, 05:21 PM
ScrewD010

Ok first: got the amp to work...just doesnt run unless the engines on, and funny thing about the 4ohms... from what u jus said it seems i got scammed by the radioh shack goirl! :O, i asked her about the ohms, she says hold on i dont know what that is(in superk shopping center off Hlnd Rd.) and she talks to her manager comes back with the 2nd biggest roll of spkr wire, and says oh you meant, "Awms", i was saying it "O-H-M-S", so i knew then she was scamming me but bought it anyway, she showed me the smaller\cheaper wires and said they are only 2 Awms, this one here is 4 awms, it was a 50ft roll,and i said ok jus let me get the smaller one, but anywas to the point,

I bridged the 2 channel amp works fine now,
No i dont know anything about installing it bought the equipment 2 weeks ago, but after all this I can hook it all up now learning from my mistakes,
Yes i went to tcc, why?
and i saved $35 not paying discounted audi oh to look at it
-and thnks for the tips very much appreciated

Quick Reply: Amplifier Installation Help