Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

amp help

Old 06-26-2005, 06:07 AM
....im sure.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nastywidowteg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default amp help

friend of mine wants me to install an amp to power his door speakers.
i am normally really good with stereo stuff and all my friends come to me for the install, but ive never done an amp hooked to component speakers.
would i just run the RCA cables to the head unit like normal and then splice the wires from the head unit to the speakers from the speaker wire that comes from the amp? or would i have to do it another way?
any help would be grealy appreciated. i dont want to screw his shit up.
thanx.
Old 06-26-2005, 06:13 AM
Seh-Fee-Ro

yokojzz30 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: amp help

if he has an aftermarket stereo then (assuming theres a harness and not a cut and splice job) u would hook yer amp up like normal, rca/ remote/ etc...then yer gonna run the speakers to the amp...not the deck

good luck
Old 06-26-2005, 06:15 AM
brake/steer/throttle

ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek

you would disconnect the wires from the headunit and insulate those. then you would run the speakers off of the output of the amplifier.

"i am normally really good with stereo stuff and all my friends come to me for the install, but ive never done an amp hooked to component speakers."

lot of headunits only or head and 2, eh?
Old 06-26-2005, 06:57 AM
....im sure.

nastywidowteg is an unknown quantity at this point

i do mostly head units and subs. this is the first time for components hooked to amp. i dont normally learn by reading the shit, but this time i wanted to be sure. thank you guys for your help.