Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

all motor type-R help

Old 09-24-2004, 01:35 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
streetsk8er757 has disabled reputation
Default all motor type-R help

ok i have a 96 jdm type r motor i already have the stroker kit to take it to a 2.2 liter with 13:6:1 pistons not sure if i want the compression being that high so i might put a little thicker head gasket on it to make it a 12:5 compression what i cant decide on doing is the valvetrain was think about putting the toda vtec killer cams in it other than that not sure what i wanna do with the valvetrain im gonna put a hytech header on it for sure and maybe a skunk2 intake manifold with an erics racing throttle body but i am also considering on putting the toda intake with individual throttle bodies not sure yet but i dont plan on this to be a track only car or a daily driver i would like to be able to take it out on the street ocasionally but i want peoples opinions on what i can do for the most gains

Last edited by streetsk8er757; 09-24-2004 at 01:37 PM. Reason: edit spelling errors
Old 09-24-2004, 01:44 PM
Die reinste Bösen.

gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear
Default Re: all motor type-R help

i think a set of aggresive JUN or TODA cams, not necissarily the vtec killers, would be hot coupled with the TODA ITB setup. youd have balls of top end, and it would still be partially streetable. getting a nice port and polish on your head with a valve job would help your entire powerband as well. hope this helped.

www.jhpusa.com has most of the stuff mentioned if you were looking for a supplier.
Old 09-24-2004, 01:50 PM
been around awhile.

zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas

you would also need valve springs, valves, retainers, and cam gears to upgrade the cams.

...along with hondata or some other tuning program.

everyone I know who had the ITB's didnt like, or couldnt get them to run well.
Old 09-24-2004, 03:57 PM
My President's black

MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait

hella tuning time to get those baby to idle
Old 09-24-2004, 05:26 PM
I'm audi5000.

nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere.

dude use periods. that was a paragraph-long sentence.
Old 09-24-2004, 08:48 PM
Registered Member

spooledex spooledex spooledex spooledex spooledex spooledex spooledex spooledex spooledex spooledex spooledex

Hope you don't drive far ever. I wouldn't go higher than 12.0 on any daily driven car unless you want to run race gas all day long. It would be better for you to change the pistons instead of putting on a thicker headgasket. you are fighting against your self. Why not just like 12.0-12.5 pistons, would be better to get the timing right as well.
Old 09-24-2004, 09:01 PM
Registered Member

streetsk8er757 has disabled reputation

it will only be driven on the weekends if i feel like going out. i wasnt planing on driving it alot when it is done.it will be more of a track car than the street. yes it will be on the street ocasionally but not like you would think
Old 09-25-2004, 05:59 PM
aznRay...

yeer is an unknown quantity at this point

yes for a daily driven car, i would run around mid 11s to 12:1 compression.

i ran around 11:6:1 in my itr and it ran fine........

the skunk2 is a replica of the itr manifold.

oh yea if you plan to run all that you are saying you are, tuning will be key.
Old 09-25-2004, 08:11 PM
Registered Member

dahatch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by streetsk8er757
ok i have a 96 jdm type r motor i already have the stroker kit to take it to a 2.2 liter with 13:6:1 pistons not sure if i want the compression being that high so i might put a little thicker head gasket on it to make it a 12:5 compression what i cant decide on doing is the valvetrain was think about putting the toda vtec killer cams in it other than that not sure what i wanna do with the valvetrain im gonna put a hytech header on it for sure and maybe a skunk2 intake manifold with an erics racing throttle body but i am also considering on putting the toda intake with individual throttle bodies not sure yet but i dont plan on this to be a track only car or a daily driver i would like to be able to take it out on the street ocasionally but i want peoples opinions on what i can do for the most gains
you know that motor is not going to last very long on the street these typs of motors have a very short life so make wise desicions