Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

afc tuning

Old 09-26-2004, 08:28 PM
KIRRA+MUGEN :)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DrkIrny will become famous soon enough
Default afc tuning

need info for reliable shops/people that can tune a afc well for my turbo setup
Old 09-27-2004, 04:34 AM
Registered Member

"SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam
Default Re: afc tuning

Originally Posted by DrkIrny
need info for reliable shops/people that can tune a afc well for my turbo setup
thermalfi'd16
He's the best around
Old 09-27-2004, 04:51 AM
Cruising @ 8000ft

hatch77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to jack your thread man, but i was about to post on the exact same thing.

I was just curious if there was any settings that i could program into my AFC to tune it up for performance or even gas mileage for my LS. Kindof like a "basemap" or hondata or uberdata. I'm know that it's on an individual car basis for maximum results, but there has GOT to be something i can do without a dyno.

Anyone have any ideas?
Old 09-27-2004, 05:30 AM
Registered Member

Runnin13s is on a distinguished road

def. PM thermalfd'd16 ...(arnel)
Old 09-27-2004, 06:35 AM
Registered Member

StreetRacer69 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by hatch77
Sorry to jack your thread man, but i was about to post on the exact same thing.

I was just curious if there was any settings that i could program into my AFC to tune it up for performance or even gas mileage for my LS. Kindof like a "basemap" or hondata or uberdata. I'm know that it's on an individual car basis for maximum results, but there has GOT to be something i can do without a dyno.

Anyone have any ideas?
SAFC if really easy to tune on the street and even easier on the dyno. If you want good gas milage set your low throttle point to about 35% and lean it out some on low throttle but make sure u test it first to make sure your not too lean and not knocking. Then if you want more power, take it out on the highway and just make a few 3rd gear pulls and record what works and doesn't work at what RPM and % and record it on paper just based on if it feels as if its pulling hard, bogging or what not and go from there.
Old 09-27-2004, 11:07 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

hey joe, i got an idea, i still have the settings from my car when it was turboed making 261 with the afc, ill just give them to ya so you can start off with that.....but your gonna need at least 310 injectors...
Old 09-27-2004, 03:32 PM
KIRRA+MUGEN :)

DrkIrny will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by MORE IMPATIENT
hey joe, i got an idea, i still have the settings from my car when it was turboed making 261 with the afc, ill just give them to ya so you can start off with that.....but your gonna need at least 310 injectors...
blah i dont want to upgrade injectors right now. but ill take ur info who knows i may be able to scopp up some 310's
Old 09-28-2004, 10:22 AM

fantabulous has disabled reputation

before an AFC. get appropriate injectors for your setup. adjustable fpr would be nice too. easy to tune on the street. need a wide band o2. keep on doings pulls and watch your meter. adjust your percent corrections according to your rpm's until you obtain the a/f you are trying to reach. works well from my experience! thumbs up to apexi!
Old 09-28-2004, 10:26 AM
Clean Freak.

Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean

When your doing high rpm pulls thought, just make sure you dont lean her out too much until u have a wideband, and remember you can always run rich until someone else can tune it with a/f
Old 09-28-2004, 10:51 AM

fantabulous has disabled reputation

i wouldnt even reccommend trying tuning without a wide band o2. how else could you be accurate? cant rely on stock o2 for such purposes. some wideband o2 sensors have a warning feature. you can preset it. for example. set the warning feature to kick in at 10:1. when your doing your pulls, everytime you hear that buzzer and the red flashing leds, let off the gas immediately. make your adjustments and go again.

Quick Reply: afc tuning