Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

ABS to No ABS on a teg

Old 04-04-2006, 09:00 PM
Ashley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ek2envy has disabled reputation
Default ABS to No ABS on a teg

Ok, I know that it sounds wierd and a dumb idea - it wasnt my idea. I just bought a 95 GSR shell that im putting my motor in. The ABS has been cut, i think that was the dumbest thing ever but it wasnt me who did it. I will put abs back in with time but i just need to get the car up and running first. I was wondering how I am supposed to go about setting things up to actually have breaks. The guy I bought the car from is going to help me some but I am seeking more help.

The ABS lines where cut so the lines from the brake booster to the brake pistons are not connected. I am told I am supposed to connect them and that will make them work. How should I go about doing this? Thanks

Feel free to call anytime during the day - 434.996.6663, or leave replies I will check frequently. my name is ben.

Thanks
Old 04-05-2006, 04:26 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT
Default Re: ABS to No ABS on a teg

Originally Posted by ek2envy

The ABS lines where cut so the lines from the brake booster to the brake pistons are not connected. I am told I am supposed to connect them and that will make them work. How should I go about doing this? Thanks
you mean the hard lines from the master cylinder correct ?.having abs has nothing to do with whether or not you will have BRAKES or not, it just means your prolly gonna lock your brakes up every now and then if you smash them hard. just make sure your hardlines running from your calipers are connected to the prop valve and master cylinder, bleed the brakes, make sure they are working correctly and that your brake booster isnt somehow fucked up and your good,all you need is to supply your calipers with brake fluid and make sure the master cylinder isnt leaking and that your brake booster isnt somehow fucked up and you will be all good and you should have brakes. with your ecu you should have an abs light on the dash pop up if none of the sensors are there but thats something youll have to live with.
Old 04-05-2006, 04:44 AM
Ashley

ek2envy has disabled reputation
Default Re: ABS to No ABS on a teg

Thanks!!