Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

96 jetta. lost the keys. dealer said call a locksmith????

Old 03-10-2010, 01:34 PM
Patriarch BigCock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DoriSha DoriSha DoriSha DoriSha DoriSha DoriSha DoriSha DoriSha DoriSha DoriSha DoriSha
Default 96 jetta. lost the keys. dealer said call a locksmith????

got a 1996 VW Jetta GL, lost the keys, called the dealer and they claim they can't cut the type of key, its not any of the security coded keys, just a simple key for the ignition and the door locks, is a locksmith my only option? I mean I really don't wanna have to change the door locks, ignition lock cylinder and all that shit. anyone?
Old 03-10-2010, 02:24 PM
Registered member

RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask
Default Re: 96 jetta. lost the keys. dealer said call a locksmith????

Yup. Get ready for a $150 bill. Or you could grab a really big flat head and a hammer. Insert flathead into ignition, beat the shit out of it with the hammer, and turn.
Old 03-10-2010, 05:44 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

You lost.....all the keys?
Old 03-10-2010, 05:47 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

its just a basic key...i had one made for a 97 jetta for like 75 bucks...

call nick at A LOCKSMITH at 826 5509...tell him duane from affordable told you to call
Old 03-10-2010, 10:17 PM
tits anyone?

I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.)

locksmith is gonna be the cheapest. I dont understand why you dont want a locksmith to do it. you want a dealer to do it? they are going to charge you wayy more than a locksmith. you should figure that means though most every part from a dealer is more expensive than other aftermarket places. and changing all your locks? that would be uber expensive and pointless. even considering changing all the locks is a dumb idea when you can call a locksmith, prove its your car, and boom, 1 key thats the exact same as the one you lost. this thread is stupid. listen to duane, make the call, get it fixed and stop asking stupid questions <3
Old 03-11-2010, 01:22 AM
for alarms/rmt-strts

EH3_SOHC has disabled reputation

i could help if you were local
Old 03-11-2010, 03:42 AM
Patriarch BigCock

DoriSha DoriSha DoriSha DoriSha DoriSha DoriSha DoriSha DoriSha DoriSha DoriSha DoriSha

Originally Posted by nftuatn
its just a basic key...i had one made for a 97 jetta for like 75 bucks...

call nick at A LOCKSMITH at 826 5509...tell him duane from affordable told you to call
Thanks Duane.

Originally Posted by 95egd16
locksmith is gonna be the cheapest. I dont understand why you dont want a locksmith to do it. you want a dealer to do it? they are going to charge you wayy more than a locksmith. you should figure that means though most every part from a dealer is more expensive than other aftermarket places. and changing all your locks? that would be uber expensive and pointless. even considering changing all the locks is a dumb idea when you can call a locksmith, prove its your car, and boom, 1 key thats the exact same as the one you lost. this thread is stupid. listen to duane, make the call, get it fixed and stop asking stupid questions <3
lol, your right but the reason behind it was I figured I could get a discount having a wholesale account as a tech. And I was just confused by what the guy at VW told me about how he couldn't cut a key, when I've had it done before for other customers with other cars. I'm just not used to vdubs i guess. I'll be sure to give him a call though. thanks guys. <3