Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

95civic ex b18b1 swap, help.

Old 01-05-2012, 12:37 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thatguyy has disabled reputation
Default 95civic ex b18b1 swap, help.

I need some help on doing my first swap, i usually have people do it for me but its about time i learned to do it my self. Right now i got a LS i wanna swap into my civic its a 95 ex coupe. I have a full head and a full block and a full tranny (except clutch, flywheel). I need a intake manifold, axles, motormounts, starter, shift linkage, wiring harness. and a ecu. so if anyone has any of that PM me.

questions-
What wiring harness do i use?
what motormounts do i use?
what shift linkage and axles do i use?
when i put the head on the block how much do i torque it too and what order?
whats the firing order?
My fuel lines are bent up badly and wont work anymore, can i get like used ones? or is there a certain kind for the LS?
and anyother advice on doing my first swap would be great.
Old 01-05-2012, 12:43 AM
ONE wheel UP!!

wildmanran7 wildmanran7 wildmanran7 wildmanran7 wildmanran7 wildmanran7 wildmanran7 wildmanran7 wildmanran7 wildmanran7 wildmanran7
Default Re: 95civic ex b18b1 swap, help.

Originally Posted by thatguyy
questions-
What wiring harness do i use?
what motormounts do i use?
what shift linkage and axles do i use?
when i put the head on the block how much do i torque it too and what order?
whats the firing order?
My fuel lines are bent up badly and wont work anymore, can i get like used ones? or is there a certain kind for the LS?
and anyother advice on doing my first swap would be great.
if you dont know the answer to any of these questions i dont think you are ready to do this install yourself unless you are willing to spend the money for trial and error build.

Hey I'm no subject matter expert nor do i know any of those answers thats why i pay the person that does know.

NOT TROLLIN just IMO.

good luck!
o yea 1st
Old 01-05-2012, 12:51 AM
Registered Member

i mean i do know but i am like double checking so i dont mess up, the only one i really dont know is the wiring harness but i have heard different things about the motormounts and im pretty sure i can use integra mounts, integra axles, and integra linkage. but im just double checking on the stuff. i got all the tools to do it. and money is an issue for me haha
Old 01-05-2012, 05:09 AM
Registered member

wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright

go to www.spoonertuner.com to get the factory service manual. it will have all of the tq specs with the correct pattern for putting the head on ect.

The mounts you can use the civic upper trans mount, rear trans mount, and drivers side upper mount. Now the front trans mount that is near the radiator you will need from a 94-2001 intrgra, as well at the rear transmission T bracket. For A/C you will want to use a Del Sol Vtec bracket if you plan the keep A/C in the car.

Shift linkage will also come from an integra.

Harness. Use the civic harness.

Fuel: Are you talking about the car's hard lines? If so buy new or go to a junk yard and get them.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:11 AM
Registered Member

Thank so much! that was all a big help ! wish me luck on doing it, should be getting the rest of the parts in a couple days. will let you know how it goes, and yupp its is the hardlines.
Old 01-06-2012, 03:42 AM
Registered member

wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright

Are you keeping A/C? If you are like I said get the Del Sol Vtec A/C bracket because it bolts to a B series block, but uses a D series compressor.
Old 01-06-2012, 08:00 AM
True Customs

T Lowgun has disabled reputation

i just keep the laptop close when swapping cars or parts for wire diagrams or torque specs. its been covered allot if you search other sites.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:17 AM
Registered Member

might be doin ac not sure yet, as long as i got heat im happy, and i will be keeping the labtop with me thanks!
Old 01-09-2012, 07:23 AM
VADRIVEN IS WHACK!

WaYtOoLoW has disabled reputation

don't forget that in most cases you need the integra throttle cable as well, brackett is in a diff. location. its a pretty basic swap, its really easy, look at it like this, take everything out from under the hood of the integra (if it's obd1, if its a obd2 motor, seeing as you have a eg you would need to find obd1 integra b series parts) and put it under the hood of the civic. when i did my first b series swap i had gotten everything from a wrecked car and just swapped it all over, computer and all, came out of a 94 integra, put it in a 95 eg coupe dx model. everything bolted and wired right up. i beleive i used my facctory civic dx harness and extended the nessacery wires. how close are you to doing the swap?
Old 01-09-2012, 11:21 AM
Registered Member

thanks man, im gonna see if i can find a wrecked teg, i got trans, head, block. and there all almost complete. i need axles motormounts a new wiring harness. clutch, and some other stuff

Quick Reply: 95civic ex b18b1 swap, help.