Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

95 GSR spring and shocks replacement

Old 02-08-2010, 12:07 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these parts
Arrow 95 GSR spring and shocks replacement

Name: Chad
95 Acura integra GSR

ok quick question. I'm about to replace all of my shocks and springs on a 250K body (yeah never been replaced before) i need to know what all should i replace i.e mounts , hardware, etc....(please list the parts for me ) along with the parts .....

also i've been leaning toward getting H&R OE Sport Springs which give it about a .75 to 1 inch drop ( i dont want anything slammed) and KYB GR-2 shocks ... if ne1 has first hand expirence with them let me know how they faired. I chose these bc i dont need any hardcore racing stuff and am looking for a nice smooth ride....

so please let me know thanks
Old 02-08-2010, 12:10 PM
Registered Member

acura tl acura tl acura tl acura tl acura tl acura tl
Default Re: 95 GSR spring and shocks replacement

i have kyb gr-2 shock on my tl and they ride fine. i have tein springs 2.0 in fnt 1.8 rear. and are you wandering on what steps to go thru as in taking them out and replacing?
Old 02-08-2010, 12:11 PM
Registered Member

ok i understand now. i would just buy better bushings. if nothing is broke. buy bushings and maybe new ball joints
Old 02-08-2010, 12:11 PM
Registered member

C_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these partsC_WAKE is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by acura tl
i have kyb gr-2 shock on my tl and they ride fine. i have tein springs 2.0 in fnt 1.8 rear. and are you wandering on what steps to go thru as in taking them out and replacing?
no i have the know how on the work i just want to know if theres anything i SHOULD replace along with them like bushing and stuff
Old 02-08-2010, 12:13 PM
Registered member

ok i understand now. i would just buy better bushings. if nothing is broke. buy bushings and maybe new ball joints
thanks
Old 02-08-2010, 12:13 PM
Registered Member

just buy better bushings and ball joints. nothing too bad with redoing that. but u may have to get someone to do the ball joints for u
Old 02-08-2010, 12:16 PM
Registered member

just buy better bushings and ball joints. nothing too bad with redoing that. but u may have to get someone to do the ball joints for u
i've done ball joints before just never shocks and springs unless you think there excessively difficult. and i wander if i should get adj ball joints ...do you think that little of a drop will effect my alignment
Old 02-08-2010, 12:23 PM
Registered Member

umm i got some adjustable ones in the rear of my car and i aligned them myself. but the drop didnt even effect my alignment too much. i was worried about the same thing when i done mine. i just installed the parts and went to a alignment place they put it on the machine and said it didnt even need to be aligned really so they didnt even touch it. but just install the parts and ask them to see if it is out of aligment. best thing to do
Old 02-08-2010, 12:26 PM
Registered member

umm i got some adjustable ones in the rear of my car and i aligned them myself. but the drop didnt even effect my alignment too much. i was worried about the same thing when i done mine. i just installed the parts and went to a alignment place they put it on the machine and said it didnt even need to be aligned really so they didnt even touch it. but just install the parts and ask them to see if it is out of aligment. best thing to do
will do thanks again for the help
Old 02-08-2010, 12:27 PM
Registered Member

yeah and here a video on how to do rear shocks and springs. i watched this and did it myself
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrYKdyHySJE

p.s u need a spring compressor

Last edited by acura tl; 02-08-2010 at 12:30 PM. Reason: ps

Quick Reply: 95 GSR spring and shocks replacement