Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

95 grad prix gtp

Old 09-10-2006, 10:46 AM
slowest member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
slimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these parts
Default 95 grad prix gtp

i dont know much about this car but i picked it up for dirt cheap it has 143,xxx miles on it. can i put a s/c on it or did they not make a s/c grad prix in 95. any information on this car would be really be helpfull
Old 09-10-2006, 11:04 AM
Never Blend In

nuke0907 has a reputation beyond reputenuke0907 has a reputation beyond reputenuke0907 has a reputation beyond reputenuke0907 has a reputation beyond reputenuke0907 has a reputation beyond reputenuke0907 has a reputation beyond reputenuke0907 has a reputation beyond reputenuke0907 has a reputation beyond reputenuke0907 has a reputation beyond reputenuke0907 has a reputation beyond reputenuke0907 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 95 grad prix gtp

what motor is it?
Old 09-10-2006, 11:21 AM
slowest member

slimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these parts

3.4 v6
Old 09-10-2006, 11:37 AM
Never Blend In

nuke0907 has a reputation beyond reputenuke0907 has a reputation beyond reputenuke0907 has a reputation beyond reputenuke0907 has a reputation beyond reputenuke0907 has a reputation beyond reputenuke0907 has a reputation beyond reputenuke0907 has a reputation beyond reputenuke0907 has a reputation beyond reputenuke0907 has a reputation beyond reputenuke0907 has a reputation beyond reputenuke0907 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by slimb
3.4 v6
i've only seen the ones for the 3.8L. if its the same as a 3rd gen camaro you might be in luck.
Old 09-10-2006, 11:44 AM
Fighterer

Abysalone will become famous soon enough

www.clubgp.com
Your best and cheapest bet is to swap in an L67 and HD transmission.
Old 09-10-2006, 12:18 PM
Registered Member

rollinna65 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by nuke0907
i've only seen the ones for the 3.8L. if its the same as a 3rd gen camaro you might be in luck.
Its a different motor from the 3rd gen camaros. I believe its the 3.4L DOHC motor that came with about 210hp. I'm pretty sure the parts are a little pricey for that motor and the tranny isn't all that strong. Good luck with it.
Old 09-10-2006, 04:02 PM
slowest member

Originally Posted by Abysalone
www.clubgp.com
Your best and cheapest bet is to swap in an L67 and HD transmission.
anymore info on the l67 i searched ebay for the motor found 1 but it was off a 98 would that drop in a 95? i really have no clue about pontiacs! from looking under my hood it looks like a bitch to swap just do to lack of room to work in there. i mean right now its quick of the line by no means fast but it is quick and i feel there is alot of room for improvment. thanks
Old 09-11-2006, 04:01 AM
Speak&Spell Anyone?

Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell

THE 3.2 3.6 AND THE 3.8 are all the same motors with different bore and compression. Don't waiste the time or money. You are only going to have problem after problem after problem.
Old 09-11-2006, 06:13 AM
Registered member

RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask

The Supercharged 3800 for that year is a series I. The SC'd ones are (i believe) the L32? Anyways, no, you can not just slap a SC on and call it a day. GM did several things to the SC version, firstly lowered compression and stronger internals. You could however pick up the entire series I motor for relatively cheap (around $500) and *probably* switch it in. Its OBD1 so perhaps theres a passkey on it, darthfiero does OBDI reproms for this (www.gmtuners.com)

Or you could get ballsy and switch in a L67 series II which has a more efficient SC on it (M90) and a HELL of a lot more aftermarket. Thats an OBDII setup and theres probably a little more fab (not much though) Loyde Rascoe does some excellent reprom for GM OBDII (www.fastfieros.com) I'd recommed on with the 4T65E-HD trans as the 4T60 (what you have) would most likely grenade.

*EDIT* I just noticed you said its a GTP, the GTP should be supercharged , are you sure its not the GT?

Just some people you want to give a shout;

www.seriesoneperformance.com
www.zzperformance.com
www.intense-racing.com
www.l67swap.com

Good luck.

Last edited by RandomTask; 09-11-2006 at 06:28 AM.
Old 09-11-2006, 07:06 PM
Registered Member

14secV6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Uh_Dave
THE 3.2 3.6 AND THE 3.8 are all the same motors with different bore and compression. Don't waiste the time or money. You are only going to have problem after problem after problem.
GM didnt make 3.2s or 3.6s... and the 3.8 is nowhere close to a 3.4. and actually they are very reliable and hefty engines for what they are...

Good site to check out would be www.fullthrottlev6.com I am a moderator for the 3.8 tech stuff, but there are quite a few Grandprix's and other GM V6's... LOTs of info and others to talk to.

Quick Reply: 95 grad prix gtp