Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

95 ex coupe making some weird nosies

Old 08-25-2010, 06:47 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
experthondakid has disabled reputation
Default 95 ex coupe making some weird nosies

i have a 95 civic ex coupe 5speed and i was driving it the other day and i started hearing like something is coming apart in the tranny,making a winedng nosie through first and second gear.. so i went to a few shops and the techs drove oit and all said its the tranny.. im also leaking fulid.. i dont know if its tranny fluid or oil .. but i talked to my pops who knows alot about cars he said it could be the culcth or the hydrolic system or the slave cylender.. but after you get passed 2,000 rpm the nosie goes away. what do yall think it could be?
Old 08-27-2010, 05:24 AM
Typical

Enthusiast Enthusiast
Default Re: 95 ex coupe making some weird nosies

Originally Posted by experthondakid
i have a 95 civic ex coupe 5speed and i was driving it the other day and i started hearing like something is coming apart in the tranny,making a winedng nosie through first and second gear.. so i went to a few shops and the techs drove oit and all said its the tranny.. im also leaking fulid.. i dont know if its tranny fluid or oil .. but i talked to my pops who knows alot about cars he said it could be the culcth or the hydrolic system or the slave cylender.. but after you get passed 2,000 rpm the nosie goes away. what do yall think it could be?
So you took it to shops and they said it was the transmission then possibly the bearings in the transmission are shot to shit, you can try changing the transmission oil and see how the noise is then. I had the same issue on an 91 Eclipse, I just swapped to another transmission and all was good.
Old 08-27-2010, 05:56 AM
Registered Member

jaydmdc2 has disabled reputation
Default Re: 95 ex coupe making some weird nosies

input shaft bearing in the tranny and i would put money on it that's your problem