Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

95 coupe help

Old 12-24-2002, 12:59 PM
///m thrizzle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
trip has disabled reputation
Default 95 coupe help

A guy that works with my dad wants to make his car "faster" and it is a stick 95 civic coupe. He asked me what to do to it and then he said he was thinking about an acura () gsr motor swap. I know that he doesnt know that much so i dont really know what to tell him. I would rather see him ls turbo but i think that the gsr would be less hassle for him. Are there any obd or major problems with swapping gsr motor in a 95 coupe? What year motor should he get? Any help would be appreciated. thanks.
Old 12-24-2002, 05:14 PM
Virginia Beach 757

_crs has disabled reputation

94-95 GSR OBDI 96+ OBDII. If you stay with the 94-95 you'll be okay. Stay away from OBDII it's not that hard but the wiring is a pain and it'll take alot more time to get all the wires correct not to mention the second O2. Hmmmm..hope that helps. IMO B16a least hassle great platform to start on. crs
Old 12-25-2002, 06:07 AM
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of
Default Re: 95 coupe help

Originally posted by trip
A guy that works with my dad wants to make his car "faster" and it is a stick 95 civic coupe. He asked me what to do to it and then he said he was thinking about an acura () gsr motor swap. I know that he doesnt know that much so i dont really know what to tell him. I would rather see him ls turbo but i think that the gsr would be less hassle for him. Are there any obd or major problems with swapping gsr motor in a 95 coupe? What year motor should he get? Any help would be appreciated. thanks.
If it's an Ex civic it would make the swap even easier. You only have to run 1 or 2 wires and you are done. Actually, you could put a skunk two intake manifold on the motor before you swap it along with a reprogrammed p28 and run no wires. I would suggest the b18c1 (gsr) swap over any of them personally. Makes for a pretty fun car. If he needs anyone to do the swap, let me know trip.
Old 12-25-2002, 08:42 AM
holla at ya homies

20psi B18c1 is an unknown quantity at this point

if u do it scott, let me watch
Old 12-25-2002, 11:55 AM
///m thrizzle

trip has disabled reputation
Default Re: Re: 95 coupe help

Originally posted by 0psi
If it's an Ex civic it would make the swap even easier. You only have to run 1 or 2 wires and you are done. Actually, you could put a skunk two intake manifold on the motor before you swap it along with a reprogrammed p28 and run no wires. I would suggest the b18c1 (gsr) swap over any of them personally. Makes for a pretty fun car. If he needs anyone to do the swap, let me know trip.

hey man thanks a bunch i would probably send him in your direction cause well just cause. where should he go by getting the motor? just find on online and have it sent here? and i htink that it is a ex, ill get him talking serious in a bit.
Old 12-26-2002, 02:42 AM
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of
Default Re: Re: Re: 95 coupe help

Originally posted by trip
hey man thanks a bunch i would probably send him in your direction cause well just cause. where should he go by getting the motor? just find on online and have it sent here? and i htink that it is a ex, ill get him talking serious in a bit.
The majority seems to like http://www.hmotorsonline.com. From viewing their web page it looks to be the place to use as well. Decsent pricing, "complete" swaps and good service.
Old 12-26-2002, 05:26 PM

s2k7 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: 95 coupe help

Originally posted by 0psi
The majority seems to like http://www.hmotorsonline.com. From viewing their web page it looks to be the place to use as well. Decsent pricing, "complete" swaps and good service.
yup....thats where i got mine.

I was lucky on my shipping though...

Shipped from cali to VA on a friday, and made it to my work on wednesday afternoon.

Damn quick.
Old 03-13-2004, 07:04 PM
Registered Member

In the Works has disabled reputation

www.ARDDPERFORMANCE.com is okay too. They are a JDM importer and they send you everything. Harness, Ecu, Trans, Axles. you can Usually get a LSD trans too
Old 03-15-2004, 04:44 AM
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA

Originally Posted by In the Works
www.ARDDPERFORMANCE.com is okay too. They are a JDM importer and they send you everything. Harness, Ecu, Trans, Axles. you can Usually get a LSD trans too

bad link try here http://www.ardperformance.com/