Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

95 civic eg 1.6 v-tech issue???

Old 09-29-2011, 06:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JDMEF9Htch has disabled reputation
Default 95 civic eg 1.6 v-tech issue???

from what i was told when i bought the car, it over heated and shut off, would not start back up sat for 6 months...
when i got it home it started and ran for a good 1.5 seconds at 800rpm and shut off, would not start back up, so i just went ahead and replaced...so there was no guessing on a blow head gasket
- head gasket, timing belt, water pump, oil change, spark plugs, radiator
- added 2 gls of gas to an empty tank and removed fuel line from rail to purge threw new gas
- removed fuel rail and injectors and gave them a great cleaning while i was at it.

now that its all fresh, i try to start it and it just turns over, im getting a bit of smoke out of the valve cover breather while its turning over if that matters or not...
im getting spark from each cylinder....

when you over heat a 95 civic is there anything else that may be part of this like sensors that would prevent it from starting...be sides the overheating issue, possibly the main fuel relay acting up, the car did sit for 6 months ???

Last edited by JDMEF9Htch; 09-29-2011 at 07:13 PM.
Old 09-30-2011, 02:45 PM
Registered Member

EGh22 has disabled reputation
Default Re: 95 civic eg 1.6 v-tech issue???

sounds like your cam timing is off. Triple check. Thought mine was 100% but I was wrong and I had the same symptoms.
Old 09-30-2011, 03:24 PM
Registered Member

Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed

You need to top off your V-TECH fluid. It's difficult.
Old 09-30-2011, 04:12 PM
Troll & Run

ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD

is the phone on the hook?
Old 09-30-2011, 04:16 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

Originally Posted by JDMEF9Htch
from what i was told when i bought the car, it over heated and shut off, would not start back up sat for 6 months...
when i got it home it started and ran for a good 1.5 seconds at 800rpm and shut off, would not start back up, so i just went ahead and replaced...so there was no guessing on a blow head gasket
- head gasket, timing belt, water pump, oil change, spark plugs, radiator
- added 2 gls of gas to an empty tank and removed fuel line from rail to purge threw new gas
- removed fuel rail and injectors and gave them a great cleaning while i was at it.

now that its all fresh, i try to start it and it just turns over, im getting a bit of smoke out of the valve cover breather while its turning over if that matters or not...
im getting spark from each cylinder....

when you over heat a 95 civic is there anything else that may be part of this like sensors that would prevent it from starting...be sides the overheating issue, possibly the main fuel relay acting up, the car did sit for 6 months ???
did you actually have the head resufaced...im guessing no...an aluminum head that got hot as hell...guess what? most likely its warped..so all the parts and time you have spent have to be all redone and repurchased...good luck on doing it correctly
Old 09-30-2011, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by nftuatn
did you actually have the head resufaced...im guessing no...an aluminum head that got hot as hell...guess what? most likely its warped..so all the parts and time you have spent have to be all redone and repurchased...good luck on doing it correctly
im not as stupid as you try to make me sound, lol, heads not warped, checked, but thanks for your common sense..... but got it running, come to fine out needs new rings or pistons cause possible ring lands are busted, blowing quite a bit of smoke....
Old 09-30-2011, 06:15 PM

no reply needed, problem solved....
Old 09-30-2011, 06:43 PM
ConflictedFelon

jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k

Originally Posted by JDMEF9Htch
no reply needed, problem solved....
Good luck with that.

INB4 you find out you're wrong, then they'll have a field day with you.
Old 09-30-2011, 08:27 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Closing because problem is apparently solved.