Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

94 Integra Rear Brake Problem

Old 09-22-2010, 02:23 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the rough
Default 94 Integra Rear Brake Problem

I've been having some weird issues with my rear brakes lately. I decided to replace my rear brakes because the rotor was warped and the pads were pretty bad, plus the pedal could periodly go to the floor. Well on both the driver and passenger side calipers the pistons was completely seized. So I bought 2 new calipers, new rotors and new pads. Replaced it all, bled the brakes. Well my pedal is still going pretty low and when I got home, it appeared as if the brakes were smoking.

Any idea to what this could be caused by? I'm going to take the brakes apart again and take a look at them, and re-bleed them.

Any info for something to be looking for would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 09-23-2010, 04:39 PM
fuck this shit

grgazn grgazn grgazn grgazn grgazn grgazn grgazn grgazn grgazn grgazn grgazn
Default Re: 94 Integra Rear Brake Problem

bad master cylinder... i have one if u need it, smoking? did u lube the slide pins/backing plates and points where pads sit in the caliper bracket? any wear signs on pads or rotors?
Old 09-23-2010, 04:44 PM
Oh hey

TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr TiredToyotaDrvr

master cylinder or proportioning valve

You may have some air in the system as well... re-bleed for sure. Then take apart, slather with ceramlub, reassemble...

Last edited by TiredToyotaDrvr; 09-23-2010 at 04:47 PM.
Old 09-24-2010, 12:08 PM
fuck this shit

grgazn grgazn grgazn grgazn grgazn grgazn grgazn grgazn grgazn grgazn grgazn

Originally Posted by TiredToyotaDrvr
master cylinder or proportioning valve

You may have some air in the system as well... re-bleed for sure. Then take apart, slather with ceramlub, reassemble...
rarely prop valve. master cyl is more likely. prop valve has but 2 parts, and only regulates flow of fluid to front/rear in correct amounts/proportions. put lube ONLY on slide pins, and contact points. make special care NOT to get it on any part of the rotor.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:37 AM
Registered Member

DmErK has disabled reputation

Sounds like a problem I had a few months back. Ended up being brake master cylinder.. For the soft pedal, and as for the smoking brakes you might wanna check your e brake cables they may have to much tension on them. In my case my cables were tightened lop sided causing one caliper to seize and smoke/squeel. Hope this helps g/l... Prob fixed already but thought I'd chime in.