Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

93 DA automatic tranny issue

Old 10-05-2009, 06:32 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GeonPimp is on a distinguished road
Default 93 DA automatic tranny issue

I have a 93 DA integra automatic.. Since I bought the car everytime I drive the car and get it over 20mph, the S3 light will flash non stop and it wont go into overdrive, and the button on the shifter itself does nothing either. So when Im going about 65-70mph the car is at around 4grand on the tach.. Anyone ever had this issue or know what to do to solve it.. any info is much appreciated thanks..
Old 10-05-2009, 07:36 AM
Digital Life

83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0
Default Re: 93 DA automatic tranny issue

Did a quick search to see what I could come up with, hope it helps. just a copy and paste...

The A/T Control Unit has a built-in self-diagnosis function. The S3 indicator light in the gauge assembly and LED display

on the A/T control unit blink when the A/T control unit senses an abnormality in the input or output systems. The number

of blinks from the LED display varies according to the problem, which can be diagnosed by counting the number of blinks.

When the ignition switch is turned ON, the S3 indicator light comes on for about two seconds regardless of whether there

is a problem. The S3 indicator light will also come on when in S3 mode.

If there is a system problem, the S3 indicator light will come on and continue to blink until the ignition key is turned OFF.

When the ignition key is turned ON again, the S3 indicator light will not blink again for the original problem. But if the A/T

control unit senses the original abnormality again with ignition switch ON, the S3 indicator light will blink again for the

original problem. Therefore, even though the S3 indicator light does not come on when turning the ignition key ON, check

the LED display for automatic transmission problem diagnosis.

Since the LED problem code is retained in memory, it will blink again whenever the ignition key is turned on. If the LED

problem code is not memorized, check the following causes:

Check the EFI ECU fuse No. 35 (10 A) in the under-hood relay box.

Check for an open circuit in the WHT/YEL wire between the EFI ECU fuse No. 35 (10 A) and A/T control unit B12

terminal.

After making repair, disconnect the EFI ECU fuse No. 35 (10 A) in the under-hood relay box for more than ten seconds to

reset LED display memory.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:45 AM
Registered Member

GeonPimp is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 93 DA automatic tranny issue

thanks alot bro.. I really appreciate the info