Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

'93 Civic Hatch Swap

Old 04-15-2003, 08:02 AM
Eh...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
r0n1n is an unknown quantity at this point
Question '93 Civic Hatch Swap

GSR, Type-R, or H-22. Just getting your opinions on pros and cons. I am NOT planning on a turbo, more then likely N/A or supercharged. Thanks :P
Old 04-15-2003, 08:26 AM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

TPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the rough

depends. from the sounds of it im guessing you are planning for a drag car? type r motors are great for all motor, but are WAY overpriced. gsr is nuetral, you can build it either direction, rather for turbo, supercharge, or all motor applications. if you are going for a straight line drag car, id say your best bet would be the h22. youll lose most cornering ability, unless you been an assload on suspension, and even then it wont be as nice as if you swapped in a b16 or a b18c. you might also want to think about a b20 out of a crv. i believe thats what 0psi is running in his coupe, all motor, and hes put down some decent times.
Old 04-15-2003, 08:31 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

Originally posted by NoReverse95Teg
. i believe thats what 0psi is running in his coupe, all motor, and hes put down some decent times.
he hasnt ran the car with the b20 in it, his times are from his beast of an all motor built gsr a while back, if you go with the h22 your gonna have to buy a mount kit, if you go with the b series it will drop right into the stock locations with no fabrication, there fairly easy swaps to do and you will be happy, but if this is for a drag car, just say fuck it and put the h22 in it, i wouldnt have a h22 in a hatch for everyday driving, i would much rather prefer a b series motor in my car for a daily driven car.......but thats just me.....
Old 04-15-2003, 08:39 AM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

TPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the rough

sorry for the wrong info thank you for correcting me though
Old 04-16-2003, 04:29 AM
supa' destroya'

IZsd is an unknown quantity at this point

An h22 hatch makes a damn nice daily driver IMO, when built properly there are no problems at all (other than axles) The power is super sweet. By the way, they dont handle that bad either.
Later IZ
Old 04-16-2003, 04:49 AM
Eh...

r0n1n is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb I believe B20 will be the choice

Sure I could go H-22, and I feel a B16 just is not enough, in my opinion at least. Hopefully still a direct swap? I want the control with the power, so I figure this is a good compromise.
Old 04-16-2003, 06:21 AM
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA

the h22 will need a mount kit and shifter assembly. they are cable shifters that have to be made to fit in the car.

this is not a drop in install. you cant use your ac or power steering

if it were me i'd just go with a gsr or a b18b swap. the b18b being by far the easiest.

let me know if you need someone to swap it for you