Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

91 integra seat belt motor problems.. please help..

Old 02-04-2005, 02:36 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
93civiccpe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 91 integra seat belt motor problems.. please help..

Hello,
Once again this is the posessed Integra that I'm trying to revive as a daily driver for my brother. To recap, it had been stripped down for racing and the engine was rebuilt, and I have been piecing it back together with the help of my mechanic. After the power steering and AC unit was back in, my mechanic accidentally hooked the battery up backwards, and then the car wouldn't turn over... A new ECU fixed this problem.

Now, on top of that now the seat belt system is messed up. When I open the door the driver side seat belt slider (for the chest belt) will slide properly, and it will slide back when the door is closed. But the passenger side is now dead.. doesn't move. Also, when you start the car the seat belt indicator light continues to flash on and off and beep nonstop.. forever.. until you either shut off the car or unplug the seatbelt brain. I'm wondering if anyone has any idea what is wrong?? Should I assume this is a fried brain seeing as how it sits right next to the ECU which got fried when the battery was connected backwards?? if anyone can help then please let me know.. this is the last known problem to fix and we were hoping to get the car inspected tomorrow, and I know this will have to be fixed first. Thanks in advance for any help you can give!
-Shaun
Old 02-04-2005, 04:59 PM
hybrid no more :(

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert
Default Re: 91 integra seat belt motor problems.. please help..

take your car to acura. seat belt and saftey items are lifetime items. they may be able to cover it under warrenty. we had a problem with our 91 integra and they covered it for free.... but... i'm not a service writer... you need to call them and tell them...