Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

91 integra problem

Old 08-10-2005, 10:18 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pimpingreen13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 91 integra problem

hey i was wondering if anybody has had a similar thing happen to them in there DA? I was driving on 264 and my car just shut off on me.. would not start once i stopped and tried to start it. The car turns over but it wont start. I was thinking its the fuel pump becaues ive been poppin a code 43 for some time. Does anybody know where the fuel pump is located in these cars? Any help would be appreciated. Also i need a new fuel pump if anybody has one for sale. thanks
Old 08-10-2005, 11:02 AM
Sumospeed #O.G.

SlowLS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 91 integra problem

Originally Posted by pimpingreen13
hey i was wondering if anybody has had a similar thing happen to them in there DA? I was driving on 264 and my car just shut off on me.. would not start once i stopped and tried to start it. The car turns over but it wont start. I was thinking its the fuel pump becaues ive been poppin a code 43 for some time. Does anybody know where the fuel pump is located in these cars? Any help would be appreciated. Also i need a new fuel pump if anybody has one for sale. thanks
Code 43 is uaully related to the O2 sensor. I was throwing a code 43 and realized my o2 sensor wire was cut , fix it and no codes. First thing I would try is your main relay. Very common problem with the DA's. Keep 2 main relays in my car at all times.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:50 AM
I'm still slow.....

ZeroMR ZeroMR ZeroMR ZeroMR ZeroMR ZeroMR ZeroMR ZeroMR ZeroMR ZeroMR ZeroMR

Well since you have a DA you gotta drop your gas tank to get to the fuel pump. code 43 is something in the fuel system. Could be the main relay could be the fuel pump, could be a clogged fuel filter.
Old 08-10-2005, 03:10 PM
Registered Member

cool where is the mail relay located? do they ussually go bad? I really need to get it fixed cause my other car is broke also and i dont have any transportation. Does advance auto parts carry main relays? cause i guess that would be the easiest thing to change.thanks
Originally Posted by ZeroMR
Well since you have a DA you gotta drop your gas tank to get to the fuel pump. code 43 is something in the fuel system. Could be the main relay could be the fuel pump, could be a clogged fuel filter.

Last edited by pimpingreen13; 08-10-2005 at 03:12 PM.
Old 08-10-2005, 06:59 PM
I'm still slow.....

It's located right under your dash on the drivers side, it's brown rectanglar shape. Usually you have to order those online.
Old 08-10-2005, 07:54 PM
Registered Member

is it above the fuse panel? or underneath the steering column?
Originally Posted by ZeroMR
It's located right under your dash on the drivers side, it's brown rectanglar shape. Usually you have to order those online.
Old 08-11-2005, 01:00 AM
I'm still slow.....

is it above the fuse panel? or underneath the steering column?
underneath the steering column on the left side.
Old 08-11-2005, 02:38 AM
Grip Syndicate

mportedcivicsi has much to be proud ofmportedcivicsi has much to be proud ofmportedcivicsi has much to be proud ofmportedcivicsi has much to be proud ofmportedcivicsi has much to be proud ofmportedcivicsi has much to be proud ofmportedcivicsi has much to be proud ofmportedcivicsi has much to be proud ofmportedcivicsi has much to be proud ofmportedcivicsi has much to be proud ofmportedcivicsi has much to be proud of

had a similar problem..but when i came back from vacation mine just wouldnt start...batt good, good spark, fuel pump turns on...bla bla bla...auto zone and advanced dont carry it as far i could get last night with them. by the looks of the repair manuals 90-00 teggys and at least 96-00 civics have the same relay...gonna pull mine out of the civic today and see if it works...
Old 08-11-2005, 07:19 AM
Registered Member

93civiccpe is an unknown quantity at this point

go to bapgeon.. if they don't have it then they can have you one the next day usually.
Old 08-11-2005, 09:27 AM
Grip Syndicate

mportedcivicsi has much to be proud ofmportedcivicsi has much to be proud ofmportedcivicsi has much to be proud ofmportedcivicsi has much to be proud ofmportedcivicsi has much to be proud ofmportedcivicsi has much to be proud ofmportedcivicsi has much to be proud ofmportedcivicsi has much to be proud ofmportedcivicsi has much to be proud ofmportedcivicsi has much to be proud ofmportedcivicsi has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by 93civiccpe
go to bapgeon.. if they don't have it then they can have you one the next day usually.
-Yes they have them in stock, just called them $52 and change...Im picking mine up today.

Quick Reply: 91 integra problem