Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

91 da rs wont start....

Old 07-01-2010, 09:34 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
saraxumus15 has disabled reputation
Default 91 da rs wont start....

i have a 91 da integra rs...when i bought the car it wasnt runnin the engine harness was hacked...no dizzy plugs, resistor box, or injector plugs... it also had a spun bearing...the damage to crank and rod was very minimal so for a temporary fix i jus replaced the bearing.....i've gotten a whole new harness n resistor box...i have power an everything now....i've reset the timing...however i wasnt aware that the belt had to be put on from left cam to the right so the tensioner takes up the slack..i tried to start it anyways n nothin.... it'll crank and and start but then shut down on me... after that first attempt to start it u can only hear it putterin tryna catch but wont actually turn over..i reset the timing a second time...this time i didnt take the crank pulley off, i used the markings on the crank...i set it on the mark thats further off to the right of the 3 markings close together..the cams didnt move as much from the slack (at this time i still wasnt aware that i had to put belt on from left to right).....it still did the same thing....if i use starting fluid it'll start for a few seconds i can rev it etc, act as if im drivin, pull of n everything but she'll still shut off....wt could it be....i have fuel pressure, i checked that from the filter "bleeder screw" (i guess it's called) i checkd the pressure regulator, took it off and turned key to see if fuel gettin to injectors..i did the same from the bleeder screw....it is.., then i checked injectors., i took them out n tested on the battery to see if they tick to let me know they are firing which they are......WT COULD IT POSSIBLY BE!!!! OH and the relay clicks as it should and pump primes....
Attached Thumbnails 91 da rs wont start....-p042810004.jpg   91 da rs wont start....-img00058.jpg   91 da rs wont start....-img00071.jpg   91 da rs wont start....-img00068.jpg  
Old 07-01-2010, 02:37 PM
Stiff Member

Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock
Default Re: 91 da rs wont start....

ughh,--- headache!...anyone?
..I stopped...reading
after the 1st ...line...Here,,,,you...
try ...to...make ....sense... of...
what.....i'm....trying...to....say....and seee....
if...you...can...make...sense...of....it all

Originally Posted by saraxumus15
i have a 91 da integra rs...when i bought the car it wasnt runnin the engine harness was hacked...no dizzy plugs, resistor box, or injector plugs... it also had a spun bearing...the damage to crank and rod was very minimal so for a temporary fix i jus replaced the bearing.....i've gotten a whole new harness n resistor box...i have power an everything now....i've reset the timing...however i wasnt aware that the belt had to be put on from left cam to the right so the tensioner takes up the slack..i tried to start it anyways n nothin.... it'll crank and and start but then shut down on me... after that first attempt to start it u can only hear it putterin tryna catch but wont actually turn over..i reset the timing a second time...this time i didnt take the crank pulley off, i used the markings on the crank...i set it on the mark thats further off to the right of the 3 markings close together..the cams didnt move as much from the slack (at this time i still wasnt aware that i had to put belt on from left to right).....it still did the same thing....if i use starting fluid it'll start for a few seconds i can rev it etc, act as if im drivin, pull of n everything but she'll still shut off....wt could it be....i have fuel pressure, i checked that from the filter "bleeder screw" (i guess it's called) i checkd the pressure regulator, took it off and turned key to see if fuel gettin to injectors..i did the same from the bleeder screw....it is.., then i checked injectors., i took them out n tested on the battery to see if they tick to let me know they are firing which they are......WT COULD IT POSSIBLY BE!!!! OH and the relay clicks as it should and pump primes....
Old 07-01-2010, 06:33 PM
Boost is Better

sircrx sircrx sircrx sircrx sircrx sircrx sircrx sircrx sircrx sircrx sircrx

try some new plugs if you haven't already and try a new coil. The coil on the civic I recently worked on would spark but not quite enough to make the car fire up. When I replaced the coil it fired right up.

Just a thought.
Old 07-01-2010, 06:40 PM
Ovechkinator !

TITS has disabled reputation

this thread sucks i have a fucking headache

just blow the shit up
collect insurance

or sell to me

Last edited by TITS; 07-01-2010 at 06:43 PM.
Old 07-07-2010, 06:12 AM
SNAILED 4 DOUGH

redrocket4ya has disabled reputation

how did u time it. try putting cyl 1 at tdc then lining the cam gears till the arrows point straight up and install the belt. having it off a couple teeth could make it not start. the lines ur timing to is for ignition timing which is done with the distributor
Old 07-07-2010, 08:07 AM
Registered Member

so the lines on the crank is for the distributor timing...? the shop i've brought my parts from.., i had asked about the lines on the crank pulley n they said the crank and cam timing can be set with the marks...(not to say they're right but thats wt i was told...) its three lines close together and another a little farther off.. i set the crank on the line thats off by itself...
Old 07-13-2010, 08:16 AM
Registered Member

ok.., so i found out my injectors arent gettina pulse signal.., so its between my engine harness, resistor box, or ecu harness...., not quite sure exactly how that would happen..., n the ecu is good..,
Old 07-13-2010, 09:00 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Injectors are simple. They all get power through the resistor box, and the ECU switches them to ground to turn them on. So if you think you have an injector problem, and you're sure the ECU is good, you either have a wiring issue or the injectors aren't getting power.
Old 07-16-2010, 11:08 AM
Registered Member

i have a question outside of the injector issue....

has anybody ever tried to put a power sunroof in? my teggy is a rs in obviously no sunroof.., i would like to install a auto/motorized sunroof..
any experienced ppl?
Old 07-16-2010, 11:42 AM
Duct tape & Zip Ties

SCREECHO SCREECHO SCREECHO SCREECHO SCREECHO SCREECHO SCREECHO SCREECHO SCREECHO SCREECHO SCREECHO

got a headache from other people saying they have a headache.

Quick Reply: 91 da rs wont start....