Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

90 awd with a 91 fwd motor

Old 07-10-2005, 10:26 PM
INTERNET PIMP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2.3Liter is on a distinguished road
Default 90 awd with a 91 fwd motor

Okay.. I am putting my 91 fwd motor into my 90 awd talon. Okay Ii know that i will need the awd flywheel, starter. and i have a wiring diagrahm at
http://www.ecanfix.com/users/mdhamilton/
but the thing is i have search a few diff archives and could not find out if. the 91 CAS plugs right in the 90 engine harness. And do I have to switch the plug order. Which i also heard that I will have to do with DSMLINK. which i will be running...
ALSO the car has an external oil cooler. but it shouldnt make any difference since my motor is internal cooler(91).. or maybe i jsut answered my own question?

Is there any thing else that i may need to have for this swap?
Old 07-14-2005, 12:52 AM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of
Default Re: 90 awd with a 91 fwd motor

retain the external cooler

use the correct CAS for you're year and you're fine. as far as electrical goes, use the shit that matches your wiring. that means 90 CAS, 90 coils, 90 ignitor, etc.. all the 1990 shit needs to be 1990 no matter what year the motor is out of
Old 07-14-2005, 01:33 AM
INTERNET PIMP

Originally Posted by HighPSI TSi Guy
retain the external cooler

use the correct CAS for you're year and you're fine. as far as electrical goes, use the shit that matches your wiring. that means 90 CAS, 90 coils, 90 ignitor, etc.. all the 1990 shit needs to be 1990 no matter what year the motor is out of

O)kay that kinda sucks fucking ass. I def can get the coil pack and transistor shit easily from the guy im buyin the car from. ill have to check with him about hte other shit.. man this is gonna suck.. if ya have any of those thing laying around let me know and ill take them off your hands..
Also now since my 91 motor has an Internal oil cooler. with the filter right there connected to it. How would u suggest making it work with the external.

also what about hte TBody

Last edited by 2.3Liter; 07-14-2005 at 01:53 AM.
Old 07-14-2005, 03:13 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

the throttle body shouldn't matter, as long as the electrical is hte same (sensors)

the external oil cooler should bolt right up considering they are both stock setups.. remove the internal, and put on the external
Old 07-14-2005, 04:07 PM
INTERNET PIMP

you or nick might have to show me how that works. Since i kinda have no idea..
Old 07-15-2005, 11:52 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

if nick is installing the motor he should know how to do it. i think there may be a bracket you might have to buy for the external oil cooler on the 91 motor, but that may be something that is included in the setup left on your 90 as well, i can't remember if it's a stock part that you need to do a conversion or if it's something required due to a physical difference. i want to go with that it's a stock part.
Old 07-16-2005, 12:43 AM
INTERNET PIMP

yeah not shit. I would rather have it stock looking even though imma have to relocate it since im putting in a fmic. i have read hte vfaq on the relocation but i think that ill do it my way instead of theirs. since i would really liek to keep my fog lights. but thanks for hte info dave.
Old 07-16-2005, 07:12 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

my oil cooler is in the stock location with my buschur core... i don't think you'll ahve a problem, my core is 3.5" thick
Old 07-16-2005, 09:13 PM
INTERNET PIMP

oh okay my core is the same. i have a core from extremepsi.. its pretty fucking big
Old 07-16-2005, 09:47 PM
RIP Chris Schader

g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x

starters are all the same. and you dont have to move the oil cooler for the fmic.

Quick Reply: 90 awd with a 91 fwd motor