Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

4g63 engine swap

Old 09-12-2008, 10:30 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
slip*n*slide has disabled reputation
Exclamation 4g63 engine swap

Ok so I just bought this 95 eagle talon from my uncle. Its a non turbo model. For it to have been sitting for god knows how long it made it from Richmond to here in Hampton where I live. My boy has a Mitsu Eclispe with a 4g63 in it and im kinda hating. So come to my question. Does anybody know a decent place to get my engine and transmission swapped? I got about 8 grand on stand by and a lil more where that came from. If u respond send it to my email at slipslide2005@tmail.com or pm me.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:43 AM
1505/2000

execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon execelon
Default Re: 4g63 engine swap

it's not going to happen, for 3500 you could buy a 2gen gsx or you could turbo the 420a which i'd just skip and go gsx.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:19 AM
Turbo VTEC-E

black6gen can only hope to improve
Cool Re: 4g63 engine swap

Well i have been in this exact situation before with my 96 Eclipse GS. Belive me i feel your pain because all motor 420a's are boring. All i can tell u is that its mare trouble than its worth. You say that u have 8K to work with? Then in that case just build your 420a with some beefy internals and boost it. Or get a 2.4 motor out of a Stratus, build that for boost and drop it in. More info on this can be found at www.2gnt.com. Good luck.