Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

300zx

Old 07-06-2003, 10:05 AM
//

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
theJUMPoff is infamous around these partstheJUMPoff is infamous around these partstheJUMPoff is infamous around these partstheJUMPoff is infamous around these partstheJUMPoff is infamous around these partstheJUMPoff is infamous around these partstheJUMPoff is infamous around these partstheJUMPoff is infamous around these partstheJUMPoff is infamous around these partstheJUMPoff is infamous around these partstheJUMPoff is infamous around these parts
Question 300zx

i was wondering if any of you guy's have ever owned, or driven an N/A 300zx. if you have any experience with working on them, how hard is it to get power out of the VG30DE, and have you ever heard of anyone turbocharging the N/A version? I'm thinking about buying one, but are there any objection's from you nissan guys?
Old 07-06-2003, 04:27 PM
//

theJUMPoff is infamous around these partstheJUMPoff is infamous around these partstheJUMPoff is infamous around these partstheJUMPoff is infamous around these partstheJUMPoff is infamous around these partstheJUMPoff is infamous around these partstheJUMPoff is infamous around these partstheJUMPoff is infamous around these partstheJUMPoff is infamous around these partstheJUMPoff is infamous around these partstheJUMPoff is infamous around these parts

I also found this write-up from someone that's done the conversion, seems pretty inexpensive, but i don't have much experience. http://ashleypowers.com/Na-TTConversion/natoturbo.htm check it out.
Old 07-07-2003, 04:27 AM
93 EG Hatch

tempesthatch tempesthatch tempesthatch tempesthatch tempesthatch tempesthatch tempesthatch tempesthatch tempesthatch tempesthatch tempesthatch

hey man..my friends got a 90 n/a and we've researched turbocharging or jus flat out swapping a tt motor in to the n/a.........its not even worth the money unless you plan on doing it b/c u want to be cool and spend countless amounts of uneeded money....i suggest u check out www.TwinTurbo.net.....ull see whut im talking about
Old 07-07-2003, 05:44 AM
hostgator.com

flow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these parts

make sure you checkout twinturbo.net

if htats the place with the huge for sale listing, you can find very nicely modified TT's for less than a bone stock TT around here.

My friend from the beach was selling a white TT.. i forget the stage, but he had everything but internals and turbo done, stage 3-4 i believe, he was selilng for 11.. with a motor with about 45k on it (replaced)..

unfortunately i missed the sale, I almost bought a white 91TT from NN for $9995.

tell you what, thats a pimp ass car.

The one I was looking at had a COMPLETEY maroon interior though.. even the shfitboot was maroon. bleh

ive always heard swapping the TT motor is aot more $$ than just buying a TT. just like supras. Course, if you can find a good deal..
Old 07-07-2003, 05:47 AM
hostgator.com

flow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these parts

Originally posted by flo w fx
make sure you checkout twinturbo.net

if htats the place with the huge for sale listing, you can find very nicely modified TT's for less than a bone stock TT around here.

My friend from the beach was selling a white TT.. i forget the stage, but he had everything but internals and turbo done, stage 3-4 i believe, he was selilng for 11.. with a motor with about 45k on it (replaced)..

unfortunately i missed the sale, I almost bought a white 91TT from NN for $9995.

tell you what, thats a pimp ass car.

The one I was looking at had a COMPLETEY maroon interior though.. even the shfitboot was maroon. bleh

ive always heard swapping the TT motor is aot more $$ than just buying a TT. just like supras. Course, if you can find a good deal..
course after readin that conversion it doesnt seem like its that bad..
Old 07-07-2003, 07:14 AM
Atheist.

Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker

N/A Z32's are pretty goddamn slow.

Buying a TT will be cheaper and easier, unless you found a cheap N/A in immaculate shape and you WANT to do the conversion (hope you have a lift and all necessary tools).

I've worked on lots of Z's (all different gens) and they are ALL a bitch to work on! You could do the conversion with a cherry picker and the right tools. But it'd be so much easier and faster if you had access to a lift, as much of the important stuff is underneath the car.
Old 07-07-2003, 08:42 AM
//

Yea, i searched for stock N/A 2+2 quarter mile times, and they aren't too great. The best i've seen was a 15.9. i'll keep an eye out for a reasonable TT, but they are rare as shit.
Old 07-07-2003, 09:38 AM
Atheist.

Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker

If you're looking for a car to drag race, the 300ZX is not your best option. Get a 300ZXTT if you like to spank people on the highways. It is more of a touring car. You can make her into a stoplight warrior, but if ET's are your concern, try another venue. Z's are better for road racing.
Old 07-07-2003, 09:39 AM
Atheist.

Originally posted by theJUMPoff
i'll keep an eye out for a reasonable TT, but they are rare as shit.
They were limited production cars; and most people that have them are ZED-heads and don't want to get rid of them. But they are available. I found mine on www.autotrader.com and drove 6 hours to pick her up.
Old 07-07-2003, 09:49 AM
Registered Member

Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute

go talk to mike davis in ultraspeed....hes got a NA to turbo 300z. from what we spoke about the conversion it wasnt that tough.

hes uspeed3ttz i think or something like that. post up in the tech section on uspeeds site i think he would help. or check out other sources of info about 300z. google is your freind.

Quick Reply: 300zx