Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

2nd gen dsm

Old 02-05-2004, 05:58 PM
Big Dick Playa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling
Default 2nd gen dsm

i have a '95 gs-t. haha i blew the motor months ago. so i recently swapped one in. and the problem is, the engine tunrs over, gets power to the ignition module. but no spark. any suggestions on what the problem might be. i was thinkin maybe a shorti overlooked or a bad sensor. thanks for any suggestions
Old 02-06-2004, 12:19 AM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of
Default Re: 2nd gen dsm

no spark in any cyls? check the relays and fuses. also check the ignitor and coil pack. check the wires for shorts also. how do you know there is no spark?
Old 02-06-2004, 06:51 AM
Big Dick Playa

King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling

i disconected the wire, from the spark plugs and used a screwdriver against the valve cover to see if it ould spark. then i used a wire with a spark plug in it and held it there lookin for it to spark across the gap. and got nothing. so i changed to the coil pack that was off the old engine i knew worked. still nothing. then i used that connector right next to the coil pack witch i knew worked. still nothing. same results, the car would turn over but would get no spark.
Old 02-08-2004, 12:22 AM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mark w
i disconected the wire, from the spark plugs and used a screwdriver against the valve cover to see if it ould spark. then i used a wire with a spark plug in it and held it there lookin for it to spark across the gap. and got nothing. so i changed to the coil pack that was off the old engine i knew worked. still nothing. then i used that connector right next to the coil pack witch i knew worked. still nothing. same results, the car would turn over but would get no spark.
did you check all the fuses? try changing the wires? try changing the Ignitor? the CAS could possibly be bad as well.
Old 02-08-2004, 06:32 AM
No Name Who?

Ninety7GSX has disabled reputation

if none of what dave said works look around for a cut wire. I cut one of my on my last swap.

O and when he says CAS we have a crank and a cam angle sensor so make sure both of them are connected and good.
What year is the motor you swapped in and did you use all your old sensors or the ones from it?
Old 02-08-2004, 05:08 PM
Big Dick Playa

i swapped with a 95 gs-t motor. into the 95 gs-t. no i didnt use the old sensors. i was in a hurry trying to get it finished before shoulder surgery. but im like 4 weeks post op now and im tryin to do what i can to get one of my 2 dsm's finished and sold. thanks for the help again, and ill be sure to get a status report asap
Old 02-08-2004, 05:10 PM
Big Dick Playa

oh and i did blow a fuse. one of the ones under the hood. ha, i forgot off the top of my head. but as of right now all fuses are intact and i assume working as should
Old 02-08-2004, 05:14 PM
Banned

Boosted2003 is an unknown quantity at this point

what about the coil?
Old 02-08-2004, 05:25 PM
Big Dick Playa

i do have the old coil on it right now. anyone kno how much a new one would cost. and the ignitor?...im still lost as to where thats located. the 4g63 is a motor im trying to learn, i was never good in motor work or electronic work. so im tying to learn haha. thats how and why my motor blew in the first place. had shaft play. sent the t-25 off got the t-28 installed. i had a hard uip and greddy type-s bov. it was dumpin boost at about 14psi. and come to find out the intercooler pipe was loose. i fix it and 22psi all day. and i saved and saved for a boostcontroller. and that week i was going to order it...it went boom. sounded like i threw broke blew up a rod. or something like that.
Old 02-09-2004, 01:57 PM
No Name Who?

Ninety7GSX has disabled reputation

the ingnitor sits in the intake by the coil, it says tacho interface or something like that on it, and has about 8-10 wires going to it in a flat plug (kinda like the 2G mas plug).

Coils are pretty expensive. I have an extra one or 2 that you are welcome to try out if you think thats what it is.

What did you do with the old motor? Hopefully you didn't buy a motor that walked.

Quick Reply: 2nd gen dsm