Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

240SX Rear Rotors

Old 03-28-2007, 11:50 AM
U LòÓk Mad !!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these parts
Default 240SX Rear Rotors

When removing the rotors from a 240 do you have to remove the Cotter Pin and the 36mm nut behind it or do you bang between the studs with a rubber hammer till the rotor comes loose?

Thanks in advance
Old 03-28-2007, 12:07 PM
psycho jungle cat

Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift
Default Re: 240SX Rear Rotors

wheel/caliper off, rubber mallet should do the trick
Old 03-28-2007, 12:20 PM
Registered Member

murphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these parts

just wheel/caliper and rotors should come off.

try the mallet. but most people don't know those little holes on the rotor are to get the rotor off if stuck. find a bolt that will fit the smaller hole screw it in, and rotor should pop off
Old 03-28-2007, 12:29 PM
U LòÓk Mad !!

CarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these parts

Thank you
Thank you
Old 03-28-2007, 01:26 PM
U LòÓk Mad !!

well.....i broke off the end of a 14mm bolt trying to turn the rotor off so i'm guessing it calls for a 13mm bolt which i don't have. i'm still in the middle of trying to rubber mallet it off but the damn thing won't budge. i WD40'd both sides of the rotor the best that i could and still nothing.

nevermind my neighbor gave me a heavier weighted cow hide mallet and it came right off in about three hits.

now i need to get the broken stud out

Last edited by CarShowz; 03-28-2007 at 01:54 PM.
Old 03-28-2007, 05:12 PM
+RepCarebearCrew

I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers!

yeah my 240 breaks were a big pain in the ass
Old 03-31-2007, 11:44 AM
U LòÓk Mad !!

Update:

1. My rear caliper seals are busted

2. I need to know the next best way to put wheel studs in aside from taking off the entire hub and having them pressed in because I cannot get that 36mm nut out to remove the hub.

3. If anyone would like to help just get my number on here and come on by cuz it seems like my car will be on jack stands for longer than intended.
Old 03-31-2007, 12:17 PM
I Need Money

Babied 240 is an unknown quantity at this point

bang out the old one and put the new one in...the studs have splines on them. You will feel it catch then just hammer it in straight
Old 03-31-2007, 03:53 PM
U LòÓk Mad !!

pix:

Right Rear

Left Rear
Old 03-31-2007, 04:06 PM
Registered Member

murphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these parts

wtf did you do...

Quick Reply: 240SX Rear Rotors