Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

240sx rb swap

Old 07-15-2008, 10:33 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yourpalmike has disabled reputation
Exclamation 240sx rb swap

anyone know of a good shop around va beach that would be able to do a rb26dett swap in a 97 240??
Old 07-17-2008, 12:03 PM
Danny@respecgarage

RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE
Default Re: 240sx rb swap

no...but if you have the money I can do it.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:57 PM
Registered Member

goinfromslow has disabled reputation

That swap is a waste of money, if I remember right the engine bay is to small to run both turbos, so you have to get a single turbo set up anyways, so people would say why don't you get the rb25 swap then. Well that swap cost out the ass, they don't tell you that the stock rb25 ecu is only setup to run 5 psi max, so is the rb20 so those are out the question, so now you have to either run the vq30 ecu from the 300zx which is save for 12 psi max, or get a power fc or aftermarket ecu. But to run the vq30 ecu, you'll have to get either the 350 dollar wires and connector for the rb25 harness, or the plug and play adapter which cost 450. And that's just to get your car running, you'll have a cooling problem which is going to cost you out the ass to get fixed, an idling problem which may never get fixed, and a wallet problem which you'll never make half of what it cost putting it in when its time to sell it. So either turbo your ka, or get an sr20 swap which everyone has already and thank me later.
Old 07-17-2008, 11:45 PM
Titanic Survivor

Cereal Jones Cereal Jones Cereal Jones Cereal Jones Cereal Jones Cereal Jones Cereal Jones Cereal Jones Cereal Jones Cereal Jones Cereal Jones

Originally Posted by goinfromslow
That swap is a waste of money, if I remember right the engine bay is to small to run both turbos, so you have to get a single turbo set up anyways, so people would say why don't you get the rb25 swap then. Well that swap cost out the ass, they don't tell you that the stock rb25 ecu is only setup to run 5 psi max, so is the rb20 so those are out the question, so now you have to either run the vq30 ecu from the 300zx which is save for 12 psi max, or get a power fc or aftermarket ecu. But to run the vq30 ecu, you'll have to get either the 350 dollar wires and connector for the rb25 harness, or the plug and play adapter which cost 450. And that's just to get your car running, you'll have a cooling problem which is going to cost you out the ass to get fixed, an idling problem which may never get fixed, and a wallet problem which you'll never make half of what it cost putting it in when its time to sell it. So either turbo your ka, or get an sr20 swap which everyone has already and thank me later.
He asked who could put it in, not your opinion on what swap would be good for his 240.
Old 07-18-2008, 07:13 AM
Registered Member

Well Wil Son being that I know a little about the swap I was saving him some trouble. Its probably his first 240, had a little money left over from paying the car and firgured he could do a swap. But if he would like to do that swap, then I personally know of a shop in Nova that is working on a rb25 swap as I type. If he pm's me I'd be more then willing to give him the name and he could ask them how much it would cost him to do.
Old 07-18-2008, 07:35 AM
Registered Member

vxcoastie is a name known to allvxcoastie is a name known to allvxcoastie is a name known to allvxcoastie is a name known to allvxcoastie is a name known to allvxcoastie is a name known to allvxcoastie is a name known to all

Well Wil Son being that I know a little about the swap I was saving him some trouble. Its probably his first 240, had a little money left over from paying the car and firgured he could do a swap. But if he would like to do that swap, then I personally know of a shop in Nova that is working on a rb25 swap as I type. If he pm's me I'd be more then willing to give him the name and he could ask them how much it would cost him to do.
Now your getting on track with the original question...... Shoulda posted this up before instead of your opinion. I am sure he has done some research and has decided the route he is going...If you know so little of the swap, why you giving him advice? Where you getting this info from??

Last edited by vxcoastie; 07-18-2008 at 07:38 AM.
Old 07-18-2008, 03:54 PM
Registered Member

When I said a little, it didn't mean that it was a little research it meant a little exp with the swap. So the "info I'm getting" is first hand info.
Old 07-20-2008, 09:29 AM
Registered member

Axel kain has disabled reputation

the early 300ZX's had VG30ET'swich had 6.5psi from the factory (84-86), the 88-89's had 4.5psi. the older ones had 7.9 compression, while the later had 8.5, i know the earlier engines can reliably push 12psi, on 93 octane, esp. if they have a FMIC. the stock T3 runs out at 13-15psi. now a T3/T4 hybrid, larger injectors, and controller are in order.

then you have the 90+ 300ZX's which have VG30DETT's and have loads of aftermarket, can make good power, and are tougher to install as they are wider.

keep it simple, just get a SR20...its commonly done because it is a great setup. keep weight low, plenty of power avail. plus loads of aftermarket!
Old 07-20-2008, 10:21 AM
Registered Member

ok the main question that i was asking was WHAT SHOPS IN VA BEACH ARE CAPABLE OF DOING A RB26DETT SWAP AND ARE GOOD SHOPS. i dont care about your guys opinions on engines or what one is better nor do i care about a fucking vg30 if i wanted to put a 300zx motor in my car i would have asked about that and not about a rb sr20's are used way too much. dont really care about the available aftermarket stuff i can get aftermarket rb parts so please will some on just answer the question that i asked first instead of giving me all this bull shit thank you
Old 07-20-2008, 10:33 AM
Registered Member

anyone with somewhat of a price range would be helpful too thanks

Quick Reply: 240sx rb swap