Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

240sx no start

Old 02-09-2006, 07:57 AM
ZOR - WE'RE BACK!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these parts
Default 240sx no start

ok well about a month ago my car dies on me and wouldnt start back up. so i replaced all my plugs, plug wires, dizzy cap, and rotor button and got spark. but still no spark. so i then found out i wasnt getting any fuel pressure so i changed out my fuel pump. then i thought i wasnt getting any injector pulse and so i changed the ecu and found out i always had injector pulse. we tried spraying starter fluid into my intake but nothing. i am positive i have 2 of 3 keys things to start a car (fuel and spark). now is there anything that would cause an instand drop in engine compression that wouldnt allow it to start? or maybe a timing error?
Old 02-09-2006, 07:57 AM
ZOR - WE'RE BACK!

cole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these parts
Default Re: 240sx no start

and i dont have a blown headgasket
Old 02-09-2006, 08:07 AM
I'M BACK

PRO-Habit

def. check the timing. Is it turning over? if not check the starter.
Old 02-09-2006, 08:20 AM
ZOR - WE'RE BACK!

turning over fine, starter and alternator are all fine. timing is the last thing i have to go back on.
Old 02-09-2006, 09:09 AM
#XV

El Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to behold

Even if it was timing, it should still start. I mean, if it doens't, just advance or retard the disctributor. That's easy enough.
Old 02-09-2006, 09:11 AM
ZOR - WE'RE BACK!

Originally Posted by blaxican25
Even if it was timing, it should still start. I mean, if it doens't, just advance or retard the disctributor. That's easy enough.

im thinking more along the lines of it jumped timing
Old 02-09-2006, 09:20 AM
#XV

El Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to behold

I've never heard of a car just up and jumping timing without any other noticeable trauma. What were you doing when it died? Any missing teeth on the cam gear?
Old 02-09-2006, 09:24 AM
ZOR - WE'RE BACK!

Originally Posted by blaxican25
I've never heard of a car just up and jumping timing without any other noticeable trauma. What were you doing when it died? Any missing teeth on the cam gear?
it was warming up sputtered loaudly and died
and when it started back it it ran for 2 secs, popeed, and then died. havent checked any cam gears yet
Old 02-09-2006, 09:28 AM
I'M BACK

PRO-Habit

maybe something internal broke......knock on wood....i hope not...but if u have spark, fuel, and timing....the damn thing should start.
Old 02-09-2006, 09:50 AM
ZOR - WE'RE BACK!

the only thing i need to check is if it jumped timing and compression...but i dont think compression is going to be the problem...maybe the maf?

Quick Reply: 240sx no start