Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

240SX cat

Old 05-01-2003, 04:14 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince
Default 240SX cat

Ok, I'm totally new to the nissan thing. I need to replace the broke cat on the nissan I'm buying. its the forward cat. now, do i need that since it has another cat? can i just have a pipe made to go from the header to the b-pipe? will it throw a code? and last will it pass emissions? thanks.
Old 05-01-2003, 04:22 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince

never mind I found it

First note, on 95, that 2nd "cat" after the downpipe is hollow, and the 2nd O2 sensor is in front of the hollow cat, so it won't effect any reading if you replace that hollow unit with a straight test pipe. The real catalytic converter is right at the header, there's really nothing u can do about it except gut it off, or use the hotshot header unit and custom mate it with your turbo exhuast outlet later on when u get your parts all together.
So if you replace that hollow cat right now, there is really nothing need to worry about. I have a 95 with KA.. I have that testpipe installed for more a year now.. no issue whatsoever.. good luck.

found here Fresh Alloy thread

I guess I need the fwd cat. (thanks for the headache SI2SEE haha)