Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

2005 F-150 A/C stuck on defrost due to vac leak. Can u help identify hose?

Old 08-20-2015, 08:05 AM
Luxury = Love

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty
Unhappy 2005 F-150 A/C stuck on defrost due to vac leak. Can u help identify hose?

Hello all,
I have a 2005 navigator. (just said f-150 cuz its more common) Like the title says my A/C is stuck in defrost mode. I did a good deal of searching and read the culprit may be a vacuum leak under the hood near the battery.

I go under there yesterday and lo and behold I found a broken tube! *Its under my finger. I looked and looked but I cant find the other end and was hoping someone could provide a little insight.

Also to the left there is a little port that looks like it should have a cap or hose on it. Does anyone know what should go there? Yes, I already tried connecting these two via a vac hose but nothing happened.

I'm going out of town tomorrow if you can offer anything I'm willing to listen.

Here is a quick video of the exact location https://youtu.be/XWY17gr5TSw

And a pic

[ATTACH=CONFIG]186702[/ATTACH]Thanks
Attached Thumbnails 2005 F-150 A/C stuck on defrost due to vac leak. Can u help identify hose?-20150820_104634.jpg