Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

1g eclipse boost problem

Old 01-05-2003, 01:41 PM
RIP Chris Schader

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x
Unhappy 1g eclipse boost problem

i put on new dejon tool upper intercooler pipe and a turbo outlet elbow and now my car wont stop running 25psi boost
i have a turboxs 2 way adjustable boost controller
thanks for help
Old 01-05-2003, 05:39 PM
INCONCEIVABLE!

MeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to all

what are you trying to run? Did you have the boost cont. before you put the pipes on. Maybe you had a nasty leak and just fixed it when putting on new pipes. Cause turbo could have been making 25psi the whole time you were just losing it threw leaks.
Old 01-05-2003, 06:40 PM
HAM

Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat

or...did you remember to hook your lines to and from the boost controller back up to their respective positions?
Old 01-05-2003, 08:27 PM
RIP Chris Schader

its all hooked up the same as it was before the pipes.. i had the boost control before i put on the pipes.. i thought it was because my new turbo outlet elbow didnt have the stock boost control nipple on it, then i drilled a hole and put a vacuum hose connector in it and pluged the vacuum hose back in it. im realy confused on why its doing this, i am trying to stay at 15 psi.. thats what i usually run without probs
thanks
Old 01-05-2003, 11:17 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

ouch man that's no good.. if you still get 25 PSI even with the boost lowered all the way you have some sort of problem preventing your wastegate from opening, or you are creeping.. or a combo of the 2...if you drop the turbo you can port the exhaust side and that will let the wastegate flapper open about 2x more on a 14b.. should flow much beter than stock.. however, it's really hard to creep on a 14b..
Old 01-06-2003, 12:18 PM
HAM

I realize this may not be the easiest solution, but from the sound of things there is no nipple on where you connect the vacuum line to? It sounds like you just drilled a hole and shoved the line in.
I would take the pipe off...and have someplace weld a nipple on there for you. then you can clamp it down and make sure that no air is escaping, which would prevent the wastegate actuator from getting a good signal and not opening.
Old 01-06-2003, 05:59 PM
No Name Who?

Ninety7GSX has disabled reputation

Try unkooking the boost controller and running the vacuum line from the wastegate to the elbow (boost source) then tell us what boost it runs and we can go from there.
Old 01-06-2003, 06:02 PM
RIP Chris Schader

no i didnt shove the hose in the hole, i had a small plastic nipple that i screwed down into the hole and it works just as good.. i tried T'ing off the bov line and capping off everything else and im still getting only piston melt mode
Old 01-07-2003, 07:56 AM

turbochad is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you sure you have the lines going into the correct ports on the XS valve?

It's been a while, but when I was using a Hallman MBC I had the boost source T'd into the BOV line and the "output" T'd into a line between the aircan and the wastegate. That setup has since changed since I put in my new intake manifold and PRofec B.
Old 01-07-2003, 01:48 PM
HAM

did you do what pat said? If you did and it still shoots up, your actuator is fucked. I got one you can get for cheap though if you need it.

Quick Reply: 1g eclipse boost problem