Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

1998 integra gsr b18c starting problems.

Old 03-08-2011, 05:47 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tcraven92 has a reputation beyond reputetcraven92 has a reputation beyond reputetcraven92 has a reputation beyond reputetcraven92 has a reputation beyond reputetcraven92 has a reputation beyond reputetcraven92 has a reputation beyond reputetcraven92 has a reputation beyond reputetcraven92 has a reputation beyond reputetcraven92 has a reputation beyond reputetcraven92 has a reputation beyond reputetcraven92 has a reputation beyond repute
Default 1998 integra gsr b18c starting problems.

Okay so I just got this car from a guy and I'm trying to figure out why the car won't start.
These are the things that I have tried and that I know work.

-Car has gas
-engine is getting compression
-engine is getting gas
-engine is turning over (just wont start) not knocking, sounds solid
-spark plugs are getting spark (only getting orange spark, not blue I don't know if that has anything to do with starting)

Also things I am not sure about.

- I know the head has a hairline crack where the head meets block and the engine is leaking oil out the crack. It should seem to me that the engine would still start though....

I don't know what you all have to say about this. Any advice would help. Im trying to get this thing running ASAP.
Thanks in advance!
Old 03-08-2011, 07:24 PM
Registered Member

carowmoto carowmoto carowmoto carowmoto carowmoto carowmoto carowmoto carowmoto carowmoto carowmoto carowmoto
Default Re: 1998 integra gsr b18c starting problems.

If you have compression and spark.... all you need now is fuel. Spray a little carb. cleaner in the intake and see if the car starts. If it does, then you either have no fuel pressure or no injector pulse. Or both I guess... Oh! you also need air but that is assumed being that you have compression. If you have all of these things and still no fire, I would say you have a timing issue. Find fuel pulse with a noid light ($19.00 set at Advanced Auto Parts) and keep us posted.... Goodluck
Old 03-10-2011, 06:39 PM
Registered Member

tcraven92 has a reputation beyond reputetcraven92 has a reputation beyond reputetcraven92 has a reputation beyond reputetcraven92 has a reputation beyond reputetcraven92 has a reputation beyond reputetcraven92 has a reputation beyond reputetcraven92 has a reputation beyond reputetcraven92 has a reputation beyond reputetcraven92 has a reputation beyond reputetcraven92 has a reputation beyond reputetcraven92 has a reputation beyond repute

hey thanks for the tips! I got sick of oil spilling out the side of the engine everytime i cranked the engine (because of hairline crack in head)\ so I decided to take the head off and look inside! While in the process I realized that there was a sensor on the back of the block (firewall side) It is green and connects to back of block but it was broken! Im tracing down right now and trying to figure out what it is and if maybe that is why the engine wont start. Any ideas? Im thinking maybe a heat sensor, and maybe that is why the car wont start because it wont start without knowing temperature of engine? the wire comes out of a bundle with another wire that connects to the bottom of the air intake. Anyways I will be throwing a b16a head on top since b18c is damaged and ill try to figure out that plug and see if it runs. Oh and by the way it gets compression and spark and fuel(I can smell it on the spark plug) and also when I took the head off I put the engine to top dead center and distributor, cams, and pistons all lined up well, so i don't think it is timing!
Thanks for the info!
Old 03-14-2011, 10:06 PM
DJ CSI

D1NONLYJV43 has disabled reputation

replace that headgasket sir dont reuse....<OHH YEAH>