Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

1990 hatch si h22a4 swap

Old 11-02-2005, 04:17 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
speedfreak165 has disabled reputation
Default 1990 hatch si h22a4 swap

does n e one know some one who has done this or has done this i got some ?'s i need to know about thankx alot
Old 11-02-2005, 05:20 PM
Sumospeed #O.G.

SlowLS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 1990 hatch si h22a4 swap

I've seen it in a crx, and the car could no longer be driven on the street due to the oil pan only being a couple inches from the ground. But it can be done. I believe you will have to do some cutting, need custom mounts and run a dry sump so your oil pan will have more clearance.
Old 11-04-2005, 03:41 PM
Registered Member

speedfreak165 has disabled reputation

THANKX FOR INFO MAN UM KNOW HOW TO GET AHOLD OF THAT CRX GUY SO I CAN TALK TO HIM ABOUT IT
Old 11-04-2005, 03:44 PM
DEY SEE ME TROLLIN

DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt

Originally Posted by speedfreak165
does n e one know some one who has done this or has done this i got some ?'s i need to know about thankx alot
i would be very impressed to see an h22 motor put into a 1990 civic.
Old 11-04-2005, 06:22 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Isn't there an aftermarket oil pan with a low pro sump for that engine to help the ground clearance? I thought I remember seeing one at some point..
Old 11-05-2005, 03:14 AM
Registered Member

steronz steronz steronz steronz steronz

i'ver never seen one up close, but everyone on H-T with H22-EFs says the oil pan clearance is fine. the angle of the engine is screwy, and they tend to go through a lot of axles, but the deck height isn't much different from a b-series... the displacement is all in the bore. it just sucks putting them in EFs because you have to modify both crossmembers and move everything off your firewall, and even then you can barely slip a sheet of paper between the firewall and intake manifold. they're much happier being squeezed into EGs.
Old 11-16-2005, 07:21 PM
Registered Member

KYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud of

There more then one way to install the motor in an ef chasis you can go the hasport mount kit way and buy a cable to hydro conversion kit do some welding on the passenger side mount to move it forward nothing on the rear crossmember has to be changed the mount kit works just fine the front crossmember needs to be replaced with a full race traction bar set up or some other sort of front member that moves the radious arms out of the way of the crank pulley. there is another option you can order a H2b kit which allows you to run a b series tranny on the h series motor and keeps the passenger side mount in the stock location less labor and the kit is a little more exspensive and you have to buy b series mounts and axels but it does work if you go with the H2b kit you will have to run a custom hood due to the high intake manifold this kit allows alot better axle angle which will not eat up axles both kits seem to mount the motor in the engine bay just fine it all depends on your budget and you skill level and the amount of honda know how you have the wiring i would go to hasport and get theere wiring kit they sell for the h sereis in a ef. All this can be done if you do your homeowrk for under 4k i would say read as much as you can about it and then deciede which way you would like to go hope this helps ohh by the way the tranny on the motor you are talking about installing will do you no good if this is out of an sh prelude due to the electrical limited slip it has on it also known as a " stickamatic" the motor is not that great either i would stay with the jdm h22a again i hope this helps you out

Last edited by KYLE ROSE; 11-16-2005 at 07:25 PM.