Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

02 sensor o02 sensor 02 sensor....flipping out....

Old 06-08-2010, 05:57 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Marthewicked has disabled reputation
Default 02 sensor o02 sensor 02 sensor....flipping out....

Ok this information is not mine and you can look it up on
http://www.hybridautomotive.com/tech/o2/#one

I have 92 si motor and i have 4 wire o2 sensor. I have a6 on the ecu " primer heater 02" Ok on the 02 sensor plug it has a black, blue, white, and another black. I searched the hell out of google and all search engines....nothing helpful except below link which i dont understand completely because it has green wire instead of blue and i don't know if everything is interchangeable.

The car is 90 civic with 92 d16z6 with a jumper harness.....Please help.....complicated...yea i know i know....atleast to me right now.

"One to Four Wire Conversion
The easiest approach to doing this conversion is to start with the correct four wire plug, and make the necessary connections to the existing one wire oxygen sensor circuit & engine wire harness wires. This is the approach we employ as we find it to be the most straight foreword.

1 2
3 4
1-GRN/WHT 2-WHT
3-ORN/BLK 4-YEL/BLK

1-WHT

These diagrams represent the FEMALE wiring plug on the engine wire harness that the oxygen sensor plugs into. Cut the existing one wire oxygen sensor off of the engine wire harness and connect the four wire oxygen sensor plug to the engine wire harness in the following way:

1 - Connect GRN/WHT on the four wire oxygen sensor plug to the GRN/WHT wire that connects to the ECT sensor, IAT sensor, or TPS sensor. All of these sensors/components share the same GRN/WHT circuit.

2 - Connect WHT wire on four wire oxygen sensor plug to the WHT wire from the one wire oxygen sensor plug.

3 - Connect OAR/BLK wire on the four wire oxygen sensor plug to pin A6 on the ECU.

4 - Connect YLW/BLK on the four wire oxygen sensor plug to the YLW/BLK wire that connects to the fuel injectors, IACV sensor, or EVAP Purge Control Solenoid Valve. All of these sensors/components share the same YLW/BLK circuit. "