Notices
Parts ARCHIVE Previous forum, cannot make any new posts.

SR20DET MINES ECU (dual stage boost) computer

Old 09-24-2008, 05:59 AM
p2r
!! Buy My Parts !!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
p2r has disabled reputation
Exclamation SR20DET MINES ECU (dual stage boost) computer

Condition: Like New

I'm considering selling/trading my current management for some thing different (i.e. AEM EMS). I've currently got a MINES ecu with a dual stage boost switch, and dial adjustment.

My plans were to run that computer and then fine tune on my SAFC, but I'm really wanting to get AEM running on the car when it starts up. The motor is currently in the process of being assembled still (I've been busy) and have never had the opportunity to run on the MINES set up.

From what I was told there is currently a LOW and HIGH boost setting on there, but I couldn't honestly tell you from experience what they are.

I'm currently going to TAKE OFFERS on the computer ... but I will say that I paid a pretty penny for this unit, so please don't LOW BALL!
Old 09-24-2008, 11:42 AM
Friendly Jackboot

sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80
Default Re: SR20DET MINES ECU (dual stage boost) computer

150 is about the going rate for a "boost up" ecu...but if you want i can trade my afc neo an stock ecu if your interested
Old 09-25-2008, 03:34 AM
p2r
!! Buy My Parts !!

Thumbs up Re: SR20DET MINES ECU (dual stage boost) computer

Originally Posted by sidewaysil80
150 is about the going rate for a "boost up" ecu...but if you want i can trade my afc neo an stock ecu if your interested
I've been seeing the MINES computers running anywhere from $300-600 with the same adjustment controls. -but I am probably being too honest when I say that I really don't know exactly what the two settings are from Personal Experience. When I bought the computer I requested to have a 10lb and a 18lb setting... but once again, I haven't been able to find out if that is exactly whats set on there since my motor still needs to be built and installed.

-and what exactly do you mean by a "boost up ecu"? Just a reflashed/rechipped ecu?

Regarding the trade, I'm really trying to upgrade to a stand alone, or something. I already have a SAFC.

Thanks !!
Old 09-25-2008, 03:52 AM
Registered Member

dragcivic92 has disabled reputation

if you can't tell the difference between 10 and 18, then it's probably because there isn't a difference.
Old 09-25-2008, 03:53 AM
p2r
!! Buy My Parts !!

Originally Posted by dragcivic92
if you can't tell the difference between 10 and 18, then it's probably because there isn't a difference.
If you cant read, don't reply.

The motor is NOT Assembled or Running in the car.

Not trying to be rude, but please READ before adding your opinion!

Last edited by p2r; 09-25-2008 at 03:56 AM.
Old 09-25-2008, 05:01 AM
p2r
!! Buy My Parts !!

ttt
Old 09-25-2008, 05:50 AM
Friendly Jackboot

sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80

what you have is a boost up ecu. unless you specifically had this ecu built by mines. a boost up ecu is tuned for a more free flowing intake/exhaust/higher boost. thing is like i said i've never heard a mines ecu come with low/high boost settings. who did you get this from? how were you able to request settings on it?
Old 09-25-2008, 08:57 AM
p2r
!! Buy My Parts !!

Thumbs up Re: SR20DET MINES ECU (dual stage boost) computer

Originally Posted by sidewaysil80
what you have is a boost up ecu. unless you specifically had this ecu built by mines. a boost up ecu is tuned for a more free flowing intake/exhaust/higher boost. thing is like i said i've never heard a mines ecu come with low/high boost settings. who did you get this from? how were you able to request settings on it?
I got it from my parts distributor in CA. They specialize wholesale distributing, and high end fabrication. All of their builds are top quality, top dollar set ups. Mainly 2J's and shit like that.

Regarding the boost settings, I didn't speak to MINES myself. -and I didn't mean for it to come across that way. What I was trying to say was that I told my distributor what I was looking for (which was 10-12lbs and 18-20lbs) and thats when he had recommended this computer set up.

I purchased the computer at the same time that I placed the order for all my parts for the SR build (so they knew what I was looking to do). I've been working for them for about 5 years now, and have never been disappointed with anything I've seen/gotten from them, but I recently decided that I'd like to be able to have the tuning abilities of a stand alone unit, and be able to monitor the car on my laptop from inside the cabin.

Thanks for your questions, seriously. Because I didn't really mention too much detail in the original description, simply because I didnt know it was pertinent.

Hope that helps.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:04 PM
Snoochie boochies

Beachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond repute

This is for an S13 SR? Do you know the other specs in the tune? Injectors/MAF/turbo/etc? I'm assuming it's not tuned for a stock T25, since 18psi on an SR T25 is begging for disaster.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:07 PM
p2r
!! Buy My Parts !!

Originally Posted by Beachin_240
This is for an S13 SR? Do you know the other specs in the tune? Injectors/MAF/turbo/etc? I'm assuming it's not tuned for a stock T25, since 18psi on an SR T25 is begging for disaster.
Well it was to go with my build... So -

72lb injectors
Z32 MAF
60trim turbo
3" exhaust

My motor set up is far from stock... and this was supposed to do the trick.

lmk

Quick Reply: SR20DET MINES ECU (dual stage boost) computer