Notices
Part Outs READ THIS ANNOUNCEMENT BEFORE POSTING OR RISK HAVING YOUR THREAD DELETED!

1988 Prelude 2.0 4WS Part Out

Old 01-10-2012, 01:40 PM
︻╦╤─

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk
Default 1988 Prelude 2.0Si 4WS Part Out

Name: Jason
Means of contact: PM here on forums
Price: $300.00

Description: 1988 Prelude 2.0Si 4WS Part Out (buy one part for $300 and get the rest of the car as it sits!)

Pictures: Pictures are taken, waiting on photobucket to send login information.

ILOVEPOOTANG

Details:

The Good:

All body panels are in great condition for it's age (and even then). Rear wheel wells and gas cap cover area are NOT rusted up, dare I say they are rust free (but, for the person who might find a 1mm diameter rust spot on it that I don't see I won't claim "rust free"). "Dings" are at a bare minimum, considering it's age, it has less dings than my 91 Prelude, though has less drive time on it for ignorant assholes to have dinged it up, so, makes sense. Garage kept, with the exception of three months after it was hydrolocked, I bought it after three months of sitting, was garage kept there-after. All glass in good condition with the exception of the front windshield. Molding is in place. Sun roof motor is good, both power windows good, power mirrors good. 4WS unit works like a charm (the reason I got this shell to begin with -- to put in my 1991 Si but decided against it due to laziness/no time).

The Bad:

Front windshield shot. Front bumper mangled but no cracks that I remember. Has a B20A5 in it, but it is ONLY good for as a resleeving candidate! It was hydrolocked, then sat, so rusted rings on iron sleeves. Other than that the rotating assembly is good. Would recommend a polishing on the crank as well. Passenger side quater panel has rust at "bump" which lines up with curve/top of trunk lid (see picture) -- though is the only rusted place I see on it. Alternator and A/C compressor missing (stole those for my 91). Clock buttons "flap" (if you're a 3rd gen lover you know what this means) is missing. No radio. Climate heat/cold knob missing (stole for my 91 -- again if you are a 3rd gen lover you know why this was done lol). Dash in complete working order, clock does work though, climate control is good. ECU might be missing (it's sat in the garage for awhile and I have found a few black widows in my garage time to time, so there may be some in this shell -- the HELL I'm pulling the carpet to know for sure, but, the check engine light does NOT light upon switching ignition to ACC so it's likely missing). No title, but have a bill of sale from the person I bought it from. So I'll provide a copy of that bill of sale as well as a bill of sale from me to you, so that you can have some sort of paper trail back to who I bought it from. Missing passenger side headlight "eyelid".

Conclusion:

It's $300.. a 4WS steering deal costs that much. It was NEVER removed from this car, so ALL parts for a 4WS conversion are there. The B20A5 is a nice engine to resleeve if you're wanting to NOT go the H route in a 3rd gen. This was my plan, but, I'm done with the "scene" I guess you could say. The metal on this car should yield you around $150. Body Parts and motors from sun roof/windows would cost you around $400-500.

TL;DR - $300 for $850 (low side) worth of 3rd Gen Prelude parts, tired of it taking space in my garage and am a pussy when it comes to black widows and spiders in general. Has wheels and tires, so is a rolling chassis, but the tires are extremely worn and not suitable for driving on. Has be picked up with a car trailer/hauler, as it's on base and has lack of title (tow trucks must check in with base and base security verifies ownership, though, with no title that isn't possible).

Last edited by DeFunk; 01-10-2012 at 04:07 PM.