Notices
Other ARCHIVE Previous forum, cannot make any new posts.

Matco triple bay toolbox - Durham, NC

Old 02-24-2008, 04:18 PM
<----BigBake

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative
Default Matco triple bay toolbox - Durham, NC

I bought this brand new about 2 years ago. I really don't want to sell it, but I could really use the money. My dealer just opened their new shop, which furnished us toolboxes. This is now sitting in my garage at the house, and I think I'd rather sell it than look at it.

The box itself is in outstanding condition. I think anyone that knows me, knows well enough that I keep my stuff nice (at least when its nice when I get it). This box was purchased from Donnie Moore Jr, who just left Matco a few months ago. If you know him, you can ask him about me and this box......he knows I take care of it.

It is silver/gray, with stainless trim. I also have the stainless steel top, as well as the embossed Matco toeplate (front lower). I have the original cover it came with, which is worn out........and have just purchased a brand new cover for it ($180). The box has been covered nightly since I purchased it new, no exceptions. There are a few SMALL scratches, which are far and few between. For being in service for a couple years, this thing still looks brand new. On the right side, there are 2 small (hardly noticable) dings........which are from a hammer that came apart in the shop one day. I've used drawer liners since day 1 (it came with them). Also, I didn't like the finish of the stainless steel top.......so I polished it about a year ago. It has a few scratches from normal use, but I can polish it to a mirror shine again if you would like (free of charge).

If you are remotely interested, come and see it.......you will not be disappointed. I have just brought it home, so sometime this week I will take all the drawers out and get it all dust free.

I paid $7200 for it brand new (financed)........

$4750

Last edited by LXative; 02-25-2008 at 05:24 PM.
Old 02-25-2008, 05:24 PM
<----BigBake

LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative
Default Re: Matco triple bay toolbox - Durham, NC

Old 02-28-2008, 04:54 AM
Registered Member

sprack is on a distinguished road

bump for a fellow euro-tech
Old 03-01-2008, 06:48 AM
<----BigBake

Thanks.....

More pics.....I still need to get out my remaining tools and give this thing a good cleaning. Also, more pics are available upon request........

The color is called "Titanium".....

Touch-up paint, slide grease....

Bright flourescent light.....

Darker light.......some flourescent, some daylight.....

Security drawer....

Brand new cover....

Box with original cover on....
Old 03-01-2008, 06:48 AM
<----BigBake

When I buy stuff, I like to have no surprises. I like to give that same respect when selling things as well. Below are the pictures from the hammer that hit the box about 2 weeks after I got it. I think pretty much everyone will see this as very minor.......but I'd rather it be as clearly depicted as possible. FWIW, if you are facing the box......this is on the right side......

Looking straight at it.....